Lower RGV NWR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower RGV NWR

Has anyone done the archery hunt on the tieniente track? I got drawn but have never been there. Is it worth the 130? Any advice would also be appreciated.

First year I've got drawn for teniente as well, from what I've read there are lots of big deer and nilgai but it's hard to hunt. I'm from the area and know what the quality of animals are like, I definitely say it's worth the 130.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been a few times. I have been close a few times but not successful. You will see nilgai. I would spend $130 in a heartbeat to hunt there again.

Comment

Cool. I live in san juan ams have heard whisperings of the place being good bit didnt know where it was or how to applh til this yr. Any way to scout it?

Comment

Originally posted by ajavelina View Post
          Cool. I live in san juan ams have heard whisperings of the place being good bit didnt know where it was or how to applh til this yr. Any way to scout it?
          In the past you could scout it a few days before the hunt. If you PM me I can give you some ideas on where to start.

Comment

Bump for anyone else who might have got drawn

Comment

check out the other 3-4 threads on it.... couple other TBH got selected this year....We will be down there Jan 4-7

Comment

I got drawn as well for jan 4-7th. Hope to see yall there! Does anyone know the best place to stay without driving too far?

Comment

Originally posted by mhunter6 View Post
                  I got drawn as well for jan 4-7th. Hope to see yall there! Does anyone know the best place to stay without driving too far?
                  we always just stay in Raymondville at a hotel... I think there is a Rv park north of the NRW but not sure if its any closer than Raymondville

Comment

Originally posted by mhunter6 View Post

Raymondville

Comment

Sorry to hi-jack, but has anyone ever hunted East Lake?

I didn't win, just curious on quality and quantity of deer/nilgai..

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
                        Sorry to hi-jack, but has anyone ever hunted East Lake?

I didn't win, just curious on quality and quantity of deer/nilgai..

I’ve never been on that property but anything in the area of raymondville/linn will have good numbers of nilgai and Deer. Nilgai quality is very good in the area and Deer can be from 120-140 in a good year with of course the absolute bruisers that nobody ever kills. I hunt 10 minutes from these properties so I know the area really well.

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
                          check out the other 3-4 threads on it.... couple other TBH got selected this year....We will be down there Jan 4-7

Can’t you point me to the other ones, I can’t find them

Comment

Looks under the public hunting section.

Here is one.

Comment

Working...
                            X