No announcement yet.

100% raccoon proof protein feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the lamco's and I get a lot of pics of them cleaning up on the ground. It haven't had one actually eat out of the spouts.

Comment

Thinking about fabricating some metal spikes that bolt on to top of feeder tube, so when they jump from feeder leg to tube it will cause massive damage to the coon. Anybody got any better ideas?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ricochet83 View Post
        I have the lamco's and I get a lot of pics of them cleaning up on the ground. It haven't had one actually eat out of the spouts.
        Does yours have the drop away coon plate?

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
          Thinking about fabricating some metal spikes that bolt on to top of feeder tube, so when they jump from feeder leg to tube it will cause massive damage to the coon. Anybody got any better ideas?
          I've heard of people using Shark Teeth with no success. Not sure how your idea for spikes would compare, function-wise. I have too many deer that like to paw at the feed tubes to take a chance of one of them getting injured by the spikes.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer63 View Post
            I've heard of people using Shark Teeth with no success. Not sure how your idea for spikes would compare, function-wise. I have too many deer that like to paw at the feed tubes to take a chance of one of them getting injured by the spikes.
            I was thinking a steel plate with several 3 or 4 inch extremely sharp steel spikes at all different angles mounted on top of tube.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
              I was thinking a steel plate with several 3 or 4 inch extremely sharp steel spikes at all different angles mounted on top of tube.
              If you do it, put a camera on it set to video.

Comment

I opted not to do the fall away coon piece however it can be addeded after the fact but the weld a sheet of metal from the top of the tube to the top of each spot and they have nowhere to sit

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  Disregard the PVC pipe on my protein feeders. That was an earlier failed attempt to thwart the coons. Completely ineffective. Once the bucket went on, the buffet was closed.
                  How did you attach the bucket? Is it just resting on the protein head? I like this idea but my feeder has a smaller head and the bucket fits over it, so I would need to attach the bucket somehow, although I don't want to screw it into the bottom of the feeder because I would like it to be able to spin freely.

Comment

Originally posted by DCZ71 View Post
                    How did you attach the bucket? Is it just resting on the protein head? I like this idea but my feeder has a smaller head and the bucket fits over it, so I would need to attach the bucket somehow, although I don't want to screw it into the bottom of the feeder because I would like it to be able to spin freely.
                    We cut holes the size of the downspout in the bottom of the bucket and the lid. We then cut from the hole down one side of the bucket and cut from the hole of the lid to the outside edge of it. We were then able to slip both the lid and the bucket into place on the downspout. Once we put both on, we then attached the bucket to the lid. It will not work just using the buck and not the lid. I hope all of that makes sense.

Comment

100%

Coon proof
                      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry it's a corn feeder

Comment

This is the best way that I have came up with for keeping coons out of my protein feeder. Very rarely do I get pics of coons on my protein feeder. I have a mark on the cable that shows me exactly where to stop to keep my feeder 40" from the ground. I get pics all the time of deer eating out of it. This east Texas so we have trees to use, this would be an issue in South Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X