Good first hunting trip of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good first hunting trip of the year

Well folks, we finally made our first hunting trip of year. With fall fishing being phenomenal lately I just didn't care to go to the lease. Saturday morning we woke up at the house with no plans and the girls said lets go to the lease so off we went.

Our lease requires each hunter to kill a doe before a cull or management buck before a trophy buck so it takes some planning. My goal this weekend was for me to stick a big doe asap then let my girls rifle hunt the bucks. Saturday evening we sat in my pin blind and quickly had action. A spike and 4 point were there soon as my feeder went off.

Soon after a big momma doe showed up and I didn't waste time. I put that rage right where it needed to be. She went about 60 yards. The girls did great tracking it.

That night my wife showed up after getting out of work and it was now a party. We BBQ'd, had a few drinks and roasted marshmallows.

Sunday morning brought 34 degree temps and I woke up with a major headache. We decided to stay warm so we stayed in. Sunday evening my wife sat in her hog feeder tripod with her bow. I knew it wouldn't take long for them to show up. Me and the girls sat in the truck at another hog feeder. Within minutes of both feeders going off we had hogs. My wife missed a nice white one at 20 yards and we just watched ours eat corn. I didn't fee like cleaning a hog on a Sunday night. Lol
    Momma doing her snapchat thing

Doing some pellet gun practicing

Anysa going freehand

My girls love being out there

Pigs and more pigs

Mommas view before taking a shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang good times right there. Nice doe and some fancy shooting.

Comment

Congrats on the doe

Comment

Mighty fine

Comment

Yep! Looks like a fin time!

Congrats on the doe, and some great family time!

Bisch

Comment

Fun times for sure!

Comment

Comment

Waydago
                Good times

Comment

Great times amigo. Man the girls are growing up quick. Looks like a action packed weekend. Congrats on the doe.

Comment

Fun times. Good on you for starting your girls hunting.

Comment

Congratulations on the doe. Venison in the freezer is always a good thing.

Comment

Looks like a great time, love seeing family enjoying hunting and being together. Beautiful family Ray.

Comment

Fun Times!

Comment

Sweet!! I finally got the itch to head to the lease after the chilly boat ride to shank some slabs the other weekend!

Comment

Great weekend Ray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X