Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If its just a mild dull pain you are lucky. My prayers are with you

Comment

Worst pain I've ever felt! Only that that helped was the hottest bath water you can sit in. And morphine that helped too!

Comment

I had zero pain. Urine was the color of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
          Mine never hurt that much. It hurt, but I could still walk around. Went to the doc and scan showed a 12mm stone. Had to go in twice to try and break it up. After the first failed attempt they put in a catheter. That was WAY worse than the stone. I told the doc the second time if it failed no catheter I would rather just deal with the stone.
          Drink LOTS of fluids. When you can drink no more, drink more. Home made lemon aid is supposed to help as well. Good luck.
          Your not kidding. Having the stent sucks. My stone was 9mm and had to have lithotripsy done to break it up

Comment

I have a history of stones, most I passed, one had to be nuked, and I am carrying an oblong 10mm in my right kidney now. Drink gallons of fluids.......GOOD LUCK!

Comment

I feel for you, I've had one at 3 mills. I drove myself to the ER in the middle of the night. When I came crawling in the ER doors, the nurse immediately knew. She said" The only time I see a grown man crawl into the Er like you, Kidney Stones." I was released at 5:30 am, went home and showered then headed to work.

It was a night I won't ever forget.

Comment

Dr. broke mine up with ultrasonic waves 10 yrs ago.Passed with no problem or surgery

Comment

I've had 2. One on each side. First one I had no idea what was going on except the maximum legal dose of morphine didn't even touch the pain. They eventually jacked me up with dillaudid which knocked me out cold. The high dose of morphine left me disoriented the rest of the day. Fortunately the tests I had because of the stone identified another problem that I would have never known about. When the 2nd one hit I was like "aw man this is gonna suck". Went to the ER much earlier but in the end DILLAUDID was still my friend.

Scalding hot water bath indeed does help cut the pain, but if you're heading towards dillaudid level pain the bath only prolongs the inevitable trip to the ER

Comment

I thought I had a high pain tolerance. Told the wife to call 911. Thought I had internal injuries from a boat accident the night before.

Comment

I have a very high pain tolerance internally I am told. I passed this one with just one night of pretty significant pain but I had the peeing irritation for about 5-6 weeks. Some think I should have had it broken up with the machine but I gutted it out because it was merely just irritating more than anything. I guess it broke up just enough to get through as you can see with the other piece....

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0793.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	24452426

Name:	Kidney Stone 2012.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	24452428

Had another one 3 months later do almost the same exact thing except it had more jagged edges......never had a hard night with this one. It was just irritating when I peed.

We (Doc and I) narrowed it down to a Vitamin D3 supplement I was taking that is prone to causing them and I haven't had any since I stopped taking it.

Name:	Kidney Stone #2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	24452427

Comment

Originally posted by bowtech72 View Post
                        The ride will depend on what the stone is doing and the location, you may pass it but it can hurt during the wait. I have a 7MM lodged between my kidney and bladder, doc said it should pass since its moved 3/4 of an inch in less than 2 weeks, if it doesn't move in a couple more weeks, he will do surgery.
                        Surgery? Do they no longer do lithotripsy where they put you in a vat of water and bombard the stone with ultra-sonic to break it up?

Comment

You have some pair of stones there Smart

Had them 2x, four years apart. Each time Lithiotripsy was used to break up the stones with the ultrasound. After that treatment you feel like you have been in a fight and took some very good shots to the sides. But it does do the trick. Stents are not fun. No sir. I said not fun. In or out. Too much soda was my problem. Sweet tea only now.
                          There is a bright side. Usually treatment of kidney stones requires some handling of Bam bam and pebbles by strangers. Albeit medical personnel, but...they are strangers. Your insurance company gets to pay for that

Comment

Water, water, and more water!! Hope you pass it soon.

Comment

Had my first and hopefully my last one, last month.
                              I have had migraine headaches all of my life, so I thought
                              I had a high pain tolerance. But after laying in the bathroom
                              floor for 3 hours I was finally abl to get up and go to the ER.
                              Hope I never have to go thru that again!

Comment

Well that ones pretty well covered, but after you pass a bad one it provides the inspiration to drink twice as much water as you used to. Apple cider vinegar every morning helps too.

Comment

Working...
                                X