Inverter generator for travel trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inverter generator for travel trailer

What inverter generator are you guys using to run your ac in travel trailers? My trailer is 50amp and has two ac’s that are 13.5 and 15k . I don’t plan to run both at same time. So what are y’all using?

I just ordered a westinghouse igen 2500 it will be here this week. $599. I have a 50 amp 2 ac unit. There are mixed reviews some have good luck starting 1 ac with a smaller 2200 watt generator and some dont. Some have added a 20 dollar hard start capicitor and it worked. If all else fails i can buy another generator and run them with a parallel kit. For now running 1 ac is the goal. The highest honda or Yamaha generator i have seen are 2200 watt.
    My wife can lift and move this generator if need be and its quiet like the hondas. With two of them i will have 5000 watt peak generator. The westinghouse ipro2500 is 50 dollars more and cannot be run in parallel.
    Last edited by doublearrow; 08-25-2018, 12:32 PM.

Comment

I don’t know if they make a 8000 watt invertergenerator, but 8k is going to be your minimum to run both A/C’s.

Comment

Anyone try using the harbor freight predator 3500 inverter? I’m leaning towards buying the Honda 7000 inverter but dang it’s expensive

Comment

Originally posted by KevBow View Post
          Anyone try using the harbor freight predator 3500 inverter? I’m leaning towards buying the Honda 7000 inverter but dang it’s expensive

I use a Yamaha 3000iseb. I know several folks using the Predator inverters. They’re all having good luck with them.

They’re not as quiet as the Hondas or Yamahas, but they’re certainly much quieter than the open frame sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X