Ladies: Warm and QUIET clothes recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ladies: Warm and QUIET clothes recommendations

Bought my wife a crossbow for Christmas and it looks like she might get into this hunting thing . Can you girls recommend some good women's camo that is both warm and quiet? Probably a size small in everything. Thanks in advance

Warm and quiet? Under Armour. I wear men's hunting clothes though because I'm so tall, women's standard length pants are too short. Game Winner camo is warm but too loud for bowhunting.

Comment

It’s pricey but I am in love with with sitka’s new line for women.
      Amazing how something so quiet and lightweight can be so warm and comfortable.
      I put on a Fanatic Hoody and layer with a Kelvin Active Jacket. On a day like today when it’s 19 degrees I’ll have on a next to skin base layer as well and insulated pants or coveralls.

Comment

I buy the slinky type (can’t think what it’s called) camo from Academy in men’s XL, and wear it over base layers. Cold gear UA, thermals, etc. Game Winner makes a fleece jacket that is warm if you wear it over something else, and it’s soft and quiet. I put an arm guard on my bow arm if the bulk might get in the way of the string, but if your wife is shooting a crossbow that won’t be such an issue.

GW’s youth line of fleece wear works great for smaller frames. She might look for a youth large or XL. Sometimes their youth line has more options than the ladies line.

Comment

Right right......these are for you wife....suuuuure...

your little sweet innocent wife isn't 2XL......you just like the pink camo Billy...

Comment

My wife is pretty small so I have been there! Get her some good, lightweight wool base layers. Things like firstlite, minus 33, icebreaker, mec, smartwool, etc. Get silk weight tops and bottoms then a middle or heavy weight to go over. For outerwear, you get what you pay for. Some inexpensive fleece from cabelas is cheap and whisper quiet. Prois, underarmour, and the new Sitka lines are all excellent. Make sure to get her decent boots for the job at hand and some good wool socks—smartwool, bridgedale, or darntough. And don’t forget something good for her head and hands. That should give you some things to ponder.
            Last edited by docmay; 01-01-2018, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
              I put on a Fanatic Hoody and layer with a Kelvin Active Jacket. On a day like today when it’s 19 degrees I’ll have on a next to skin base layer as well and insulated pants or coveralls.
              I got some Sitka for Christmas and holy smokes is this stuff amazing. SO much better than my under armor gear

Comment

Court, so 30-40 degree days would you just use the Fanatic Hoody with base layer? Just looked at their website. Stuff looks high quality

Comment

I haven’t bought the women’s Sitka clothes but I hunt in it a lot. It’s awesome. And just like anything in life, you get what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                    Court, so 30-40 degree days would you just use the Fanatic Hoody with base layer? Just looked at their website. Stuff looks high quality

If I’m sitting still I’d put the fanatic hoodie under a light jacket but if stalking or hiking and no cold wind the fanatic hoodie over a core base layer would probably be ok. The awesome thing about the kelvin jacket is it isn’t bulky. You can pack it in a small backpack very easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If I’m sitting still I’d put the fanatic hoodie under a light jacket but if stalking or hiking and no cold wind the fanatic hoodie over a core base layer would probably be ok. The awesome thing about the kelvin jacket is it isn’t bulky. You can pack it in a small backpack very easily.

Ok. I was thinking the Kelvin jacket would be too warm. After looking again, that appears not to be the case? How do you like the face mask and mitt features on the hoody?

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                        Ok. I was thinking the Kelvin jacket would be too warm. After looking again, that appears not to be the case? How do you like the face mask and mitt features on the hoody?
                        Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                          My wife is pretty small so I have been there! Get her some good, lightweight wool base layers. Things like firstlite, minus 33, icebreaker, mec, smartwool, etc. Get silk weight tops and bottoms then a middle or heavy weight to go over. For outerwear, you get what you pay for. Some inexpensive fleece from cabelas is cheap and whisper quiet. Prois, underarmour, and the new Sitka lines are all excellent. Make sure to get her decent boots for the job at hand and some good wool socks—smartwool, bridgedale, or darntough. And don’t forget something good for her head and hands. That should give you some things to ponder.
                          Any recommendations on the boots?

Comment

I like insulated muck boots if just sitting stands. Make sure they are not tight! But some of the heated insoles. The disposable kind like the hand warmers. Use those on the cold days. Not many women get hot feet so those mucks will work most of the time. My wife has a pair with pink trim. If not too cold a good pair of hikers or old running shoes works. Keep it comfortable.

Comment

Quiet

Wife and quiet doesn't add up

Comment

Working...
                              X