Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to hit 20 before 45! It's a Docmay combo hunt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to hit 20 before 45! It's a Docmay combo hunt!

Well, I'm a little jealous of all of these boys out there knocking down elk. I figure it's about time for me to head out on a hunt of my own!!!!!! I am wandering off in to uncharted territory for me. I have never visited nor hunted eastern Canada. I'm headed to New Foundland for woodland caribou but I couldn't resist when they said I could also get a moose tag and make it a combo. The focus will be caribou as the woodland will make species 20 on my super slam quest. Hopefully it all comes together as I turn 45 in November. Hunting with Tuckamore lodge and as always my good friends at BSC facilitated the booking. I'm all checked in and my bags were amazingly just 42 lbs a piece. Hopefully I have everything in there. It's been busy as hell, think I'll have a drink and enjoy the ride. I'll be checking in on my phone for scores from the ATM game and hopefully pics from JT's bull!!!!!

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck. In for the awesome story and pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In , good luck doc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, good luck! 20 species? That is certainly getting you close to a slam. I bet that polar bear will get done once it is your last animal to take. The issue with polar bear besides the cost is you can't bring them home?

Not meaning to side track. As always, take some food pics!

Comment

Good luck on the slam!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
              Man, good luck! 20 species? That is certainly getting you close to a slam. I bet that polar bear will get done once it is your last animal to take. The issue with polar bear besides the cost is you can't bring them home?

Not meaning to side track. As always, take some food pics!
              Yes on the polar bear. I would have already done that hunt if it was importable. I hope there is some option in the future but I won't hold my breath. If that ends up being the last on the list then the white bear will be in trouble!!!!

As an aside, I put off doing a Quebec-Labrador caribou hunt for years because they were always readily available and reasonably priced. I thought I could do that when older and wanted to relax a bit. Now that is a mess and may be gone. Hell!!!!

Comment

I'm in. Safe travels and good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Hell yes, cant wait to follow along!

Comment

Good luck Doc

Comment

Good luck Doc!

Comment

Newfoundland is great. The Newfi's are some of the friendliest you will ever meet. I got my bear up there about 10 years ago. Good luck

Comment

In for the hunt!

Comment

Go Gettem Doc!!

Comment

Working...
                              X