Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I refuse to eat feral hog...change my mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captteddy View Post
    YouTube link to hog cleaning video:

https://youtu.be/D9WcNFRnphw
    He sure got a lot of hair and dirt on the meat skinning it that way. Only cuts I make in the skin is around and between the back legs running the blade from inside to out as not to cut hairs. Peel it down and split the skin down the back AFTER it is peeled off to make it easier around the shield. Cut the front legs off but not through the skin. Peel down all the way and cut through the neck.

No hair or dirt to contaminate the meat and rarely even need to wash it off.

Comment

Im guessing ideal is around 70 lbs. Anyone ever eat a real big one, that was good to eat?

Comment

Originally posted by eodryan View Post
        Im guessing ideal is around 70 lbs. Anyone ever eat a real big one, that was good to eat?
        I have eaten a 200 that was good and an 80 that was very gamey. Both boars.

Comment

Best big one I ever ate was a 220# pregnant sow...no smell whatsoever, loaded with fat and as tender as a little one. Worst one was a 150# boar that was spine shot and flopped around a few minutes before it was finished off...so gamey we threw it away. Have eaten 200+# boars that were great.

Comment

Jagerschnitzels

Comment

I refuse to eat feral hog...change my mind?

After cooking the last two at the ranch I won’t be throwing them in the gut pile anymore.

Well I had Cajun Blake cook it so that may skew the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We've ate em up to 280 pounds and it was **** Good! Had a layer of fat all over that had to be 4 inches thick. Have ate countless pigs over 200 and never noticed a difference in taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                  If you feel guilty about it, I’ll help you by taking all the skinned and chilled 30 pounders you want to give me.
                  Lol. Me 2

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                    It is dang fine eating and way better than store bought. I’ve eaten them from 200 pounds on down and never had on taste bad or gamey.

Don’t get much better than this.
                    Dang. Looks like butter. Yummy yummy

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                      Don’t ever gut a pig. Go gutless just like you would on a deer. And wild pigs are some of the best eating animals you can harvest. They like mud and they aren’t clean. Spray em off, skin em out, quarter and toss on ice. Done.

If you don’t like it, then it’s just more for the rest of is!
                      Yesssssssssszzzzs

Comment

Nothing but a Opossum with hooves,, NASTY, disease carrying, SOB"S..

Comment

well wild hog is literally the same species as domestic hog.. So do you eat pig?? one ****s in a pen and one ****s in the woods..

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                            Chickens are the nastiest animal on the planet!
                            ^^^^^^ This. Absolutely true.

Comment

Hopefully you don't eat Chicken in that case...

Comment

They taste like acorns to me

Comment

Working...
                                X