$53K fine levied for the 278" Texas buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolfpack0311 View Post
    The only thing i want to know administrators what are you going to do, keep supporting this guy buy letting him post on here , doesn't look to good!!!
    Condone? No.
    Support by allowing him to post (if he chooses)? Yes

Now what?
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      Your post proves time heals. You were very critical of him when the story first came to light......thats a sign of getting older!
      I was critical of the takes that he made an accidental mistake, had a momentary lapse in judgement, or was just doing the humane thing....when in fact what he was doing all along was trying to poach a deer....for which he has been found guilty.

I happen to think $53k, and 2 years in the cooler, is punishment enough (not to mention the other aspects)....and I don't believe he should continue to be punished beyond that.

And yes I've managed to not die yet, so I'm getting older.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack0311 View Post
        It's just a forum if they want to kick me off that's fine , I will not lose sleep over it!!!
        That’s where you are wrong...well, another thing you are wrong about. This “just a forum” has fostered some friendships and relationships that will last long after many on here are dead. Many of us value the friendships that have been developed over the years. It is more than just a forum to a lot of us.

Comment

The man helped me a long time back. I don’t know him personally. Not going to comment on anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            That’s where you are wrong...well, another thing you are wrong about. This “just a forum” has fostered some friendships and relationships that will last long after many on here are dead. Many of us value the friendships that have been developed over the years. It is more than just a forum to a lot of us.

Yessir!

Comment

Other than the repeat offender deal, the thing that sticks with me is him saying he was not sorry for what he did. Poor choice of words or whatever but a lot here are going to have a hard time forgiving that...

Comment

how many have been ticketed by the warden in this thread just curious

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  I was critical of the takes that he made an accidental mistake, had a momentary lapse in judgement, or was just doing the humane thing....when in fact what he was doing all along was trying to poach a deer....for which he has been found guilty.

I happen to think $53k, and 2 years in the cooler, is punishment enough (not to mention the other aspects)....and I don't believe he should continue to be punished beyond that.

And yes I've managed to not die yet, so I'm getting older.
                  Agree. I dont know the guy so I cant really pass judgement on his character. But he has been or is being punished for it, 53K is quite the punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                    how many have been ticketed by the warden in this thread just curious
                    Not me. But I was given a $5.00 check once for wearing my seat belt.

Comment

Originally posted by J.B. View Post
                      I didn't insinuate he 'owes' me or TBH an apology, but from the stand-point of addressing a forum he did frequent, and was previously an active member of, I think it would go a long ways to keeping his name from continuing to be drug thru the mud. The silence speaks volumes.....
                      Lol you think if he came here and said “I’m sorry” that folks would let it go? That’s funny.

Comment

What does it say about the people on here that are bashing the people for supposedly bashing Travis? Is one bashing more Godly than the other bashing?

FTR, I dont think most if any are bashing him but instead are expressing their opinion about what happened. I hear a lot of people frustrated by this being portrayed by some as an isolated lapse in judgement(it wasnt). I also hear frustration by some that the punishment was too soft for the crime. Opinions and *******s, everybody has one, nothing more nothing less.

What Travis did doesnt affect me one way or the other. I feel for the guys that were hunting that deer by legal means because he did take something away from them. Travis doesnt owe any of us anything, unless we were one of those hunting that deer, but Im in the camp of his punishment being on the light side. I think his banishment from hunting should have been at least 5 years but my opinion doesnt mean squat.

Comment

Just read this whole thread. A lot of people seem to only not have poached themselves because the temptation hasn't provided itself. Yes people make mistakes but evidently this guy made a habit of it. I feel for his family, but this guy deserves the black cloud following him from this. This is a hunting forum, figured poaching and trespassing was unforgivable, especially if it's done so knowingly and regularly. He's a great guy that reads the bible, but took getting busted by the law for him to see the error in his ways.

Comment

Originally posted by crc View Post
                            Just read this whole thread. A lot of people seem to only not have poached themselves because the temptation hasn't provided itself. Yes people make mistakes but evidently this guy made a habit of it. I feel for his family, but this guy deserves the black cloud following him from this. This is a hunting forum, figured poaching and trespassing was unforgivable, especially if it's done so knowingly and regularly. He's a great guy that reads the bible, but took getting busted by the law for him to see the error in his ways.
                            Yup. The opinions towards TxBlkCl are much different than the opinions on the man that wrote the prince of poachers book I saw in a recent thread. Double standard.

Comment

I just got yelled at from my wife for reading another mans faults for half an hour and not having dinner ready...

Comment

Originally posted by Addicted2bh View Post
                                I just got yelled at from my wife for reading another mans faults for half an hour and not having dinner ready...
                                Haha

Comment

Working...
                                X