Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's time! The May's are headed to Mason!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Go get em!!!!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Landing in Houston! One more more flight to go.

Comment

I'm ready to see the pics and hear the stories. This is always a good thread! Good luck...

Comment

good luck to everyone. I'm sure this will be another good docmay hunt!

Comment

One more little update. If the larger doc gets to shoot I'm going to try a different arrow combo. I have been looking for a skinny shaft that shoot standard sized heads but don't love most outserts. I have been shooting injexions for a while and freely admit the heads are weaker at the ferrule. It's just the best arrows I have shot hunting and in bad weather and at long ranges. Going to try some gold tip pierce platinum 300 with rage trypans or grim reapers up front. Reapers always were my favorite mechanical. I have some fixed blades in the truck if needed. The gold tips came out within 13 grains of my injexions. I may try some 250's next so I can run a 125 grain head up front. Always tinkering!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                  One more little update. If the larger doc gets to shoot I'm going to try a different arrow combo. I have been looking for a skinny shaft that shoot standard sized heads but don't love most outserts. I have been shooting injexions for a while and freely admit the heads are weaker at the ferrule. It's just the best arrows I have shot hunting and in bad weather and at long ranges. Going to try some gold tip pierce platinum 300 with rage trypans or grim reapers up front. Reapers always were my favorite mechanical. I have some fixed blades in the truck if needed. The gold tips came out within 13 grains of my injexions. I may try some 250's next so I can run a 125 grain head up front. Always tinkering!!!!!

Interested to hear your results with the gold tips. I have never been a big gold tip fan (easton fanboy) but I do like to tinker myself. Good luck to the Doc Clan!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JAGR View Post
                    Interested to hear your results with the gold tips. I have never been a big gold tip fan (easton fanboy) but I do like to tinker myself. Good luck to the Doc Clan!!!!

I killed my first doe with an old gold tip of some sort. Shot Easton gamegetters and xx75 before that and have been an exclusive Easton shooter since then. Well, I did shoot beman for a brief moment and I think I owned a few carbon express maximas. But, I have bought, assembled and shot thousands of eastons!

Comment

My other complaint is nobody made a deep six judo. Drives you nuts when you have limited arrows and there are grouse or ptarmigan around. Also sucks when you don't have a real target to shoot at in camp and want to practice some. Judo is always an option. These pierces are flying the same to 60 yards for me.

Comment

The Mrs has come a long way in her bow form/stance based on the first two pictures! She didn't even know which side went up in the wedding photo! Do you just have a piece of your paycheck direct deposited at the bow shop?

Good luck this weekend.

Comment

I try to buy local in everything I can when I can. I usually have the shop order stuff for me even if I could shop around and save a few bucks. I would like to think myself and my little family unit provide a good amount of income for the bowshop. I'm likely going to buy whatever carbon bow Hoyt comes out with this year. I'm trying to talk momma bear in to letting us get Jr a bow upgrade!

Comment

In lil doc's defense, she got the bow as a gift the night before that pic and had never shot one. I think we told her told hold it that direction so they wouldn't hit and you could see her pretty fletchings I picked. It was also about 35 degrees and she was freezing. I was lucky to get some bow pics!!!!

Comment

On the plane in Houston. Preloading with Starbucks for the drive. Gotta grab a bow for me and a release and hit the road wheb I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                                I killed my first doe with an old gold tip of some sort. Shot Easton gamegetters and xx75 before that and have been an exclusive Easton shooter since then. Well, I did shoot beman for a brief moment and I think I owned a few carbon express maximas. But, I have bought, assembled and shot thousands of eastons!

Have you heard any reviews on the Bloodsport arrows? Very limited reviews online.

Comment

Working...
                                X