Wife shotgun suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife shotgun suggestions

I am looking to buy a shotgun for my wife and was wondering what the GSs' ideas would be... My wife is a small framed woman only 5'4". Going to need a youth model for the smaller frame. I have a Versa Max and would like to stay in the less the a grand price range. Would like it if some of the ladies on here could chime in also.

Not under a grand but Beretta is supposed to have a 20 ga version of the extreme if not already then soon.

The The Benelli Monte Fredo or whatever it is called is a great gun as well.

They are both gas operated semi autos which are going to reduce recoil the most.

Comment

Originally posted by ty729 View Post
      Not under a grand but Beretta is supposed to have a 20 ga version of the extreme if not already then soon.

The The Benelli Monte Fredo or whatever it is called is a great gun as well.

They are both gas operated semi autos which are going to reduce recoil the most.
      Benelli shotguns are inertia driven...

Comment

My wife is 5'4" and she shoots my 12G, Mossberg 500. It has an aftermarket Blackhawk collapsible butt stock on it though. The original stock was way too long for her and it was uncomfortable.

Comment

I got my wife a Benelli m2 20ga. It is inertia driven and one heck of a fine shooter. It kicks like a mule though. She doesn't realize it so everything is fine but I swear that thing kicks worse than my 12ga in the same model... even with the light loads.

Comment

Wife shotgun suggestion
            Uhhhhh NO

Comment

I stand corrected!

The point is that the recoil systems in these 2 shotguns are proven to reduce recoil far better than a spring-operated or pump shotgun.

There is no recoil reduction in a over and under or side by side.

I know you said that your budget is under a grand but strongly consider one of these. Better chance she will enjoy it and stick with it which is hard to put a price on.

The Benelli Montefeltro is widely used as the rental gun on the famous Argentina Dove Kills where it is not uncommon to pump thousands of rounds a day through these weapons.

They could use any gun and model they want. That speaks volumes.

Comment

Remington 870 Express Pump Youth Model. Nice shotgun for kids or small women. 300 bucks I think

Comment

Try the Beretta A300 Outlander. It's gas operated and can be found for around $700.

Comment

any youth semi auto 20 should work for her. Rem 1100 or 1187 would be the most economical way to approach it. I'd look for an older 20 ga 1100. Heck i wish I had a Rem 1100 20 ga for dove!

Comment

I started out with a Remington 1187 20 gauge, youth model; however I am a bit shorter than your wife and have short arms. The 1187 is gas operated, so the kick is minimal. There are also 1187 12 gauge shotguns, just not sure if they offer a youth model. I would steer clear of modifying the stock if it is wood, unless you utilize a gunsmith who has experience in doing so. If the shotgun has a wood stock, the balance of the firearm has a lot to do with the weight placed in the butt end, and if you change the stock the balance is thrown and the gun may need to be modified.

I will say that the SB2's stock was too long for me, which placed the trigger to far forward and made it very confortable. I shoot a 1st generation Xtrema 2 which allowed me to pull the spacers off the back of the butt, making it fit but removed some of the padding.

Have her go with you to the gun shop and have her pick out a semi-auto (my 12 gauge side by side kicks like a freakin mule). She will shoot it if it fits and she will get used to whatever kick the gun has.

Comment

Beretta Outlander cant go wrong with Italian shotguns

Comment

Beretta 390 12 or 20ga. Wife has the 12 ga. and cut stock off to fit. She's 5-6 and LOVES shooting it.

Comment

Winchester sx3 20 ga.

Comment

I bought mine a Rem 1100 20 and she loves it. As a matter of fact I do too, looking for one for myself now!!

Comment

Working...
                              X