4 fletch arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 fletch arrows

I'm thinking about making my arrows four fletched. Does anybody have expierence doing this? What are the advantages by doing this?

been shooting 4 fletch over 18 years now....use smaller profile vane and I do not have to look to nock a arrow ....and more cable clearance...works for me....

Comment

Done lots of 4 fletch. My current hunting arrows have 4 AAE Max Hunter on them with helical. Pro-Stabilize Broadhead faster and IMO keeps them more accurate at longer distance.
      Con-can't think of anything that could hurt it other than slightly lower FOC and must use drop away rest.
      My arrows are 27.5" Easton ACC Pro Hunting 4 Fletch with 50gr brass insert and 100gr top for 475gr total. It's mainly my pig setup but will kill anything!!

Comment

So would 2 inch blazers work for this, or are there better vanes? Should i use the 90x90 spacing?

Comment

Originally posted by JimGates View Post
          So would 2 inch blazers work for this, or are there better vanes? Should i use the 90x90 spacing?
          Yes and Yes.

Comment

Thanks for the help

Comment

I have been using 4 fletch for years. I use 90 degrees with a 2 degree offset. I use 4 mini Blazers instead of the big ones and I never worry about clearance. I shoot very big fixed blade broadheads as well and it works great.

Comment

Would this be good at long distance shooting?

Comment

If you mean out to 70 yards or so...absolutely

Comment

What about 100 to 120? Think they would do fine?

Comment

What about 100 to 120? Think they would do fine?
                      I have a buddy in Colorado who 4 fletches and practices out to the ranges at an archery range in Golden so I don't see why not. My limit is between 70-80 so hence my answer.

Comment

i hate it puts alot of drag on the arrow

Comment

Originally posted by TEXAS 10PT View Post
                          I have a buddy in Colorado who 4 fletches and practices out to the ranges at an archery range in Golden so I don't see why not. My limit is between 70-80 so hence my answer.
                          Sorry I meant to say 100 plus yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowman270 View Post
                            i hate it puts alot of drag on the arrow
                            So you loose a few fps, but gain more accuracy? I bet you wont notice the loss on fps.

Comment

So you loose a few fps, but gain more accuracy? I bet you wont notice the loss on fps.

I've not even seen it cost me 1fps. And if my archery career had taught me one thing, the more drag on the ***, the better things tend to work out.

Comment

Working...
                              X