No announcement yet.

What generation Texan are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5th for the white ancestors. Unknown for the native ancestors.

Comment

First generation. but upon moving to Texas, Discovered that I had a relative who died at the Alamo when I visited it for the first time, Daniel Bourne. Hard not to feel like I belong here now. Incredibly special discovery!

Comment

7th generation Texan. My grandfather, Levi P. Cadenhead received a 1280 acre land grant from the Republic of Texas in 1837 in Marion County. He served with the Texas Rangers in the Kickapoo War. Not sure who ended up with the 1280 acres - sure wish I had a little bit of it!!
        Last edited by kdenhead; 11-12-2018, 11:12 PM. Reason: .

Comment

LOYOLA BEACH, TEXAS. Loyola Beach is on Farm Road 628 and the Callo del Grullo, an inlet of Baffin Bay, in southeastern Kleberg County. In 1935 Orlando Underbrink, a local farmer and carpenter, purchased waterfront property from Carl Prailes and named it Loyola Beach after his father, Ignatius Loyola Underbrink. There he built a grocery store, several rental cottages, and a fishing pier. A boulevard was constructed leading to the beach. As people began coming to the area, Underbrink built Orlando's Cafe; this establishment was later purchased by Cottle and Faye Ware and developed into the community's well-known seafood restaurant, King's Inn. In 1955 Kleberg County established Leo Kaufer Park at Loyola Beach, with a fishing pier, boat dock, and playground. The population of Loyola Beach grew in the 1960s and 1970s, as land along the water was subdivided and sold for permanent and vacation homes. In 1975 the Baffin Bay Water Supply Corporation was formed by interested property owners, and the corporation eventually supplied water to residents of Loyola Beach, Vattman, and Riviera Beach. In 1989 Loyola Beach was sustained economically by farmers, winter visitors, commuters, commercial and sports fishermen, and patrons of King's Inn; at that time the community had a population of more than 100. In 2000 the population reached 125.

I don’t know how but someway I’m related to these folks. I was born in Texas but my Dad was born in Morgan City and my Mom was born in North Dakota. We still own the farm house that my grandfather was born in and it’s over 100 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

4th generation. First born in 1864

Comment

6th on my Dad's side. Alabama before that. At least 4th on my Mom's but don't know about before that.

Comment

Technically, 5th generation. My great great grandparents lived in the east Texas area from 1850-1899. They had to leave the state in 1899. I'm the first generation to return.

Let's just say it was a long awaited return... I'm finally home.
                Last edited by Dusty Britches; 11-20-2018, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Forth Generation. Great Grandfather came to Texas in 1850, was one of the first Polish Texans to establish settlement in Texas.

Comment

I'm seventh generation Texan, my great (x4) Grandfather came to Texas from North Carolina by wagon train in 1831 and claimed a Mexican land grant.

Later he joined Sam Houston's Army and fought at the battle of San Jacinto. His name is on a few monuments around the state. His grave and old homesite is also a state historic site.
                    Last edited by Mesquite Archer; 11-20-2018, 02:29 PM.

Comment

My won Nolan was born yesterday and he is 6th Gen on his mother's side!

Comment

how ever many generations go back to 1827.......7 maybe?

by Noah Smithwick From the time he first arrived in Texas in 1827 at the age of nineteen, Noah Smithwick was involved many of the events in the evolution of Texas. For the next thirty-four years before leaving for California just prior to the Civil War, he became closely acquainted with many well-known Texans, several

Comment

3 rd. on Mom's side 1 st. on Dad's side.

Comment

7th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

0th.

Father from KY. Mother from Germany.

Born on a AFB in Shrevport, LA. Then to Germany after a few months. Then AL, KY and finally GA.

I have been a Cowboys' fan for 50 years though.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCohiba View Post
                                I’m a transplant - work brought me here and I’m here to stay! Originally from the great state of Pennsylvania.
                                You're not an eagles fan are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X