November 22, 1963 . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    I was in the second grade. Miss Rudy’s class at Hoover Elementary in Tulsa. The principal came on the intercom and announced that the president had been assasinated. Miss Rudy was probably in her early 20’s and a big fan of JFK had a meltdown- I remember her writing “why why why” over and over on the chalkboard while crying hysterically. She finally regained her composure and said “I’m sure you are scared and have questions “ A kid raised his hand and said “does this mean we get to go home early?”
    God bless the lil children for they can not entertain bull **** . That's the best "where were you" JFK story I've ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
      yep, big day and weekend. JFK killed on friday, I killed my first deer on Saturday and my Dad was killed on Monday. A weekend I'll never forget. And this year the day and dates match.
      Whoa, that's alot for one person over a year or years. I may have missed it but have you told that story before? If its something you would share ofcourse.... God bless you and yours

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        Unless you are old and your memory is getting fuzzy.

I was a junior in high school and was heading back to class after lunch I don't remember exactly who told me or if I heard it on the radio or if it was announced on the loudspeaker.
        Mr. Burnedell this is Kennedy they are talking about not Lincoln!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Unless you are old and your memory is getting fuzzy.

I was a junior in high school and was heading back to class after lunch I don't remember exactly who told me or if I heard it on the radio or if it was announced on the loudspeaker.
          I was a junior in high school also, I was in physics class. The principal announced it over the loud speaker.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
            Mr. Burnedell this is Kennedy they are talking about not Lincoln!
            Ha! I should have known I left myself open for that!

Comment

I was 14 months old. I remember high fiving my mother when she told me Kennedy bit the dust.

Comment

I remember it well. 11 years old in elementary school in Dallas.

Comment

I was only 2yrs old, and have no memory of it!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I was still a couple 2-3 weeks out. 12/12/63. Must have been crazy times. My dad was over seas at that time as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X