No announcement yet.

2019 Hagerman Seg. B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ended the suffering. Good man. Congrats on a nice H deer and wild story.

Comment

Great deer congrats

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great deer!

Nothing going for me this afternoon

Comment

Spent 12 hours hunting today

Moved about 100yds or so at lunch to a group of over ups that are still dropping big ol acorns

Only saw 3 deer all day

Don’t know where all the ones I saw yesterday went to

Had a little standoff with some pigs this morning on way in
          Stared down a pretty good sized black and white one at <10yds
          Almost got to find out what happens if you CC and have to use it during the hunt
          Didn’t really scare me but dang sure got me wide awake

Early to bed and back at it in the morning

Congrats to the ones who have connected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GhostSkull View Post
            Thx for the help flufster...

I shot that deer at 10yds in his bed! I got a glimpse of him at 50yds from the stand moving through the trees I threw my binos up to get a better look and something did not look right with this deer. He looked sick like he was hurt or possibly shot..he then disappeared on me at 50yds..I txted flufster and questioned if I should put a stalk on him...I decided I would so I climbed down and slowly eased up the creek edge...wind was perfect. I stopped 10yds from where I saw him last and scanned the area..I spotted him hunkering down as flat as he could make himself...came to full draw and that is the end of the story...or not..turns out he was gut shot. Looks like someone earlier today put an arrow threw him..the wound was not bleeding but it sure was a mess inside..

Congrats! I’m glad it worked out for ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Impressive evening at the H. I'm tired.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                Great buck and good decision to stalk in. Any word on who may have shot him? I'm sure you tagged him. It could get awkward if the first shooter claimed him. Never ran across a situation like that.
                ugh, that other guy must have been sick when he read that post

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post

We have talked about that several times tonight. Someone is having bad dreams and probably telling someone “he smoked it”. It’s a game of inches and was only back a few inches behind the shoulder but exit was just in front of ham. Didn’t get anything put stomach and intestines. A better angle or through shoulder and it’s a dead deer. Probably looked good in the moment. Sucks for sure but it was still upright and moving. We also were talking about how big the place is and the deer chose to bed down 50 yards from his stand and he just happened to be looking that way when he slipped in and laid down. Just a wild story

Comment

Big Congrats Ghost, on a real nice "H" buck!

Comment

Originally posted by flufster View Post
                      We have talked about that several times tonight. Someone is having bad dreams and probably telling someone “he smoked it”. It’s a game of inches and was only back a few inches behind the shoulder but exit was just in front of ham. Didn’t get anything put stomach and intestines. A better angle or through shoulder and it’s a dead deer. Probably looked good in the moment. Sucks for sure but it was still upright and moving. We also were talking about how big the place is and the deer chose to bed down 50 yards from his stand and he just happened to be looking that way when he slipped in and laid down. Just a wild story

Wow.... That is some world class luck there...

Comment

I bet youre right

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I was actually relieved! I thought I made a great shot on that deer but turns out there was a small limb that deflected the arrow back. He was perfectly broadside. Hindsight I would have waited one more step but I’m so glad the deer is out of his misery and that a TBH’er got him!

My arrow had nothing but fat and white hair so I was hoping that I missed the guts! I’m glad I at least get the assist.

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by ROBINHOOD11 View Post
                            I was actually relieved! I thought I made a great shot on that deer but turns out there was a small limb that deflected the arrow back. He was perfectly broadside. Hindsight I would have waited one more step but I’m so glad the deer is out of his misery and that a TBH’er got him!

My arrow had nothing but fat and white hair so I was hoping that I missed the guts! I’m glad I at least get the assist.

Congrats!
                            That’s interesting that the arrow didn’t have any blood or stomach matter on it. If this was private property I wonder if a dog could have found him and how far he traveled before he laid up.

What time did you shoot the deer Robinhood11?
                            Last edited by Stuck; 11-16-2019, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ROBINHOOD11 View Post

Congrats!

Wow. This story just gets more and more interesting. sorry for your luck robinhood, and congrats ghost.

Comment

Today is were it's at! You didnt come all this way and work this hard to just sleep in.

Good luck hunters.

Comment

Working...
                                X