Cold front activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold front activity

How did everyone's activity change this week? Due to whatever circumstances you subscribe to deer activity (moon phase, cold front, week of thanksgiving, rooster standing on one foot)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hunted mid week in the heat....saw just 3 does all day. Hunted this morning post front (41 degrees) and had a great morning sit. 4 bucks (2 mature) and 4 does. Same area as mid week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

The cooler weather makes a world of difference where I hunt.
      Very little movement when it's been hot, and when those couple of cold fronts went through the deer seemed to move almost all day.
      I look forward to being out there in the morning.

Comment

Only saw 1 doe this morning!

Comment

Actually seen a Mature East Texas buck. Hogs was stirring and scrubs was up on there feet. First time hunting this year so can’t really judge what the movement was from

Comment

I saw one cull buck and 4 doe yesterday evening. I didn't expect much due to the wind.

I didn't see a single thing this morning except when I was walking in. But I did hear some gunshots so I guess some people were having luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I only saw one deer this morning. Didn't seem to make much of a difference this time.

Comment

It’s been slow around here, for sure. I might have heard 4-5 shots all weekend and I was outside or hunting pretty much from Friday afternoon until now. I got one today, but I wasn’t hunting. Didn’t see squat this morning from the stand, couldn’t believe it.

We had a lot of wind with the front yesterday, but it really didn’t get very chilly. It’s seasonal, but definitely not cold.

Comment

Saw 22 deer this morning , South Texas low fence. Ranged from button bucks to 3-1/2 year old decent 8 point. Big deer not moving yet.

Comment

It died here. Front hit at 6:40 Saturday morning and thw wind howeled all day till almost dark. Saw one small buck this morning.

Comment

Hunting in bell county today it has been slow saw doe and small buck , I will be hunting close to Burnet tomorrow hopefully it has more activity

Comment

Way slower than anticipated. Only had 1 doe yesterday morning nothing yesterday afternoon. 1 4 pt this morning. Hoping they are out and about this evening. Did have a group come in last night and wipe my corn out hoping they show up earlier today.

Comment

Just had a little 7pt go cruising through no interest in corn or molasses block

Comment

Windy all day yesterday-saw nothing. 42 degrees and dead still this morning. Started seeing deer around 8am. Saw 10 within the next hour - all does or yearlings. Took a nice big doe.

Comment

An hour and 15 mins b4 feeder goes off I'm walking to stand and spook 4 doe... steady this AM

Comment

Working...
                              X