Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you guys make these awesome knives?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you guys make these awesome knives?!

I'd like to get on the knife train, and make something that would resemble a knife. Where do I go to learn this? Internet? Classes? Y'all make some QUALITY stuff, and I want in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Internet usually. You can find a dealer that sells blanks to make the process easier if you don't have the proper tools. Usually just requires a little craftyness and a lot of time

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

It just depends on how deep you want to get into it. If you are wanting to grind out your own, you need some basic tools like belt sander, files, angle grinder, etc and go to town. Do some research on what type of steel you want to use and how it needs to be heat treated/tempered to get the correct hardness. Youtube is good to some degree, but be warned, there are some hacks on there as well. I'm no where near as good as some of the guys on here, but it's just a hobby for me. It has the added benefit of selling a few to pay for my hobby. I'm to a point that if I really want to step up the quality as far as appearance goes, I'm going to really have to invest in some better equipment. You can start off cheap until you learn some tricks. If you have any more specific questions, feel free to post up.

Comment

Thank you sir's. I have a good start on my welding shop, so I have some tools. A belt grinder is not one of them tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A simple 1x30 from harbor freight is what started with, moved to a 2x48, the built a 2x72.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X