No announcement yet.

14' Pirogue for LeanMachine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the finished product. A little scotch tape and about 5 minutes to put it together.

Comment

Nice design. Looking forward to see the build.

Comment

Looks great

Comment

If you havent seen it, something that might interest you for assembling wood models is pamtite hot glue. Basically contruction grade hot glue gun. Reviews are excellent. It gives you instant tack and fully cures in 5 minutes. 50 psi holding power. I think the 15 min cure glue is 200 psi. The guns run around $100 and the glue is about $1 for a 12x1/2"

Comment

tagged. I was looking at maybe building a pram for fly fishing small ponds. saw a few stitch and glue plans.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
              tagged. I was looking at maybe building a pram for fly fishing small ponds. saw a few stitch and glue plans.
              You might like something like this.

I still need to make some tweaks to this design, but I'll eventually offer plans for this one too. I'm still finalizing how I want to do the seats in this boat. I'll also come up with a john boat style on this design. The middle section will be the same for both boats.

Once I get my cnc router build finished (hopefully Memorial Day Weekend), the 3 piece boat is the first one I'll start offering kits for sale.

I'll be working offline with LeanMachine from now on, but I'm hopeful he'll do a build along here for all of us to see. It's going to take me a couple weeks to finalize some sort of drawing for him to work from, but I'll try and get on them as soon as possible.

Thanks for looking.

Comment

I will absolutely do a build along. Then when season rolls around, if i cant add a picture w a deer in it, i will certainly have one w ducks in it.

Comment

Originally posted by River Racer View Post
                  You might like something like this.

I still need to make some tweaks to this design, but I'll eventually offer plans for this one too. I'm still finalizing how I want to do the seats in this boat. I'll also come up with a john boat style on this design. The middle section will be the same for both boats.

Once I get my cnc router build finished (hopefully Memorial Day Weekend), the 3 piece boat is the first one I'll start offering kits for sale.

I'll be working offline with LeanMachine from now on, but I'm hopeful he'll do a build along here for all of us to see. It's going to take me a couple weeks to finalize some sort of drawing for him to work from, but I'll try and get on them as soon as possible.

Thanks for looking.
                  That is pretty cool, but I still have my mind set on a ~8' pram.

something like these:

A pram, defined by the Society of Naval Engineers, is “the most stable small-boat design ever designed”. A pram’s primary and secondary stability in the water is second to none. Unlike most...

The biggest barrier for me is the epoxy. I've worked with epoxy only on a very small scale and I've read about guys who have used way more than they need, etc. It kind of reminds me of hanging dry wall and taping and floating. It looks easy, but I know from experience that taping and floating the right way is best done by having an experienced person around.

Comment

cool little boat - bookmarked for updates

Comment

Looks awesome. Keep posting pictures!

Comment

My wife is planning on spending a month or so with her mother at the beginning of summer. Looks like I need to help her clean out her side of the garage before she leaves. Would love to see the look on her face if she came home to a piroque facing her in the garage. mmmmmwwwwahahahahahaha.

Only thing worse - I was planning on visiting at the end of her month, and picking up a new composite kayak - I would be in the car (with another new boat on top) when she sees the garage... mmmmmwwwwahahahahahaha.

boats are a disease - and small boats reproduce more quickly.

Comment

Working...
                        X