Lens rental Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lens rental Austin

Headed to Austin for a soccer tourney. Anyone reccomend a shop where I can rent a good lens for my Canon?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Only place I know of locally.

https://www.precision-camera.com/

Comment

Precision Camera

Comment

Thanks, looks like the place is Precision. I will give them a shout.

Comment

call ahead. rent a 400 if they have it.

Comment

if they don't have what you are looking for both lensrentals.com and borrowlens.com are legit. i've used them both

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
              if they don't have what you are looking for both lensrentals.com and borrowlens.com are legit. i've used them both
              I currently have a Sony 70-200, f2.8 rental from lensrentals.com and highly recommend them. They even sent it early so I had it last weekend as well. I've rented from them before and it's seamless.

Comment

Just a follow up. I ended up borrowing a 200-400 IS. Pictures didn't turn out too well. I'm a rookie at all of this and use auto settings. My 75-200 does ok for what I do, but is was hoping to get a little more magnification so I could stand on one end of the field and still get decent shots on the opposite end of the field. I shoot these in "sport" mode for the moving shots. I would say 8 of 10 would be out of focus. I had the same experience with a similar lens that I rented several months ago. I attributed those pictures to be caused by low light conditions. This week's pics were full sunlight/daytime.
                One person I talked to said maybe my "focus points" were not set right. This made sense because on most pictures there would be an object somewhere in the frame that would be in focus, it just wasn't the player I would be focused on. I will try to post some examples of the pictures later tonight and see if any of you have suggestions on what I should try?

Comment

Originally posted by tgil View Post
                  Just a follow up. I ended up borrowing a 200-400 IS. Pictures didn't turn out too well. I'm a rookie at all of this and use auto settings. My 75-200 does ok for what I do, but is was hoping to get a little more magnification so I could stand on one end of the field and still get decent shots on the opposite end of the field. I shoot these in "sport" mode for the moving shots. I would say 8 of 10 would be out of focus. I had the same experience with a similar lens that I rented several months ago. I attributed those pictures to be caused by low light conditions. This week's pics were full sunlight/daytime.
                  One person I talked to said maybe my "focus points" were not set right. This made sense because on most pictures there would be an object somewhere in the frame that would be in focus, it just wasn't the player I would be focused on. I will try to post some examples of the pictures later tonight and see if any of you have suggestions on what I should try?

Post the EXIF with them when you do. If you were shooting sports my guess would be slow shutter speed. It takes a lot of lens to reach to the ends of sports fields.

Comment

Were the pics blurry or just missed focus?

Auto is not your friend when you are shooting... well anything... Auto mode just wants to get the exposure "correct" and doesn't care about depth of field or, mostly importantly for sports, shutter speed to freeze movement.

You want to be in shutter priority or, better yet manual mode when shooting sports so you can freeze the action and not have motion blur (unless you want it)

Focus points being off is another likely culprit, doesn't matter what settings you have if your focus point ain't where it needs to be then you've not gonna get the shot you want

Comment

If your shooting anything moving, especially sports, you need your shutter speed to be high to freeze the target. You also want a fast lens. Typically, a fixed focal length lens will be the fastest and get you the sharpest image.

Comment

Ok, let's see if I can do this with tapatalk.
                        Let me know if there are any other details that will help diagnose my failure.[emoji849]

Comment

You had plenty of shutter speed IMO. Some of the sports shooters can better comment on that but I can get fast birds in flight with that so... I'm not familiar with the focus point array on the 50D since my first was a 60D. It does appear that you never achieved focus on your subjects to me. So whoever told you focus points was likely right.

Comment

My suggestion would be to pre-focus a spot in anticipation so you don’t miss. It looks like the brick wall in the back is more in focus.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                              My suggestion would be to pre-focus a spot in anticipation so you don’t miss. It looks like the brick wall in the back is more in focus.
                              Agreed!

Comment

Working...
                              X