No announcement yet.

Kerrville Schreiner Park Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hunted last year. You can use the facilities, but there was a total burn ban so no outdoor cooking last year.

Yes, bring your own corn. Scatter it out.

I hunted from a popup blind and probably wouldn't do that again. The does were real spooky to it. The bucks didn't give a flip. They know who is being hunted.

We drew for spots the first afternoon. Some people saw deer. Some didn't. There were a few blackbuck seen. I don't think anyone saw an axis.

Comment

I got drawn 12/3-5/12. Looking forward to a change of scenery.

Comment

On my hunt a guy shot an axis buck. And there were several black bucks spotted, but not close enough for a shot. Also there was a high 140's buck running through camp. He was maybe 24" wide. GREAT buck.....just off limits. Got some good video.

Comment

Any of ya'll on the first hunt want to split a cabin?

Comment

I got drawn for Kerrville Schreiner 2 years ago, for the 4th hunt. The hunters before us had pretty good luck, including a large Axis buck. With 4 hunts before us plus some youth hunts, by the time we got there the does were scared to death. Bucks would come within 10 yards of my pop-up but legal deer stayed away. I did manage to kill a small doe but I was the only one to harvest anything out of the 8 hunters on our hunt.
            The people at the park were really friendly. They pre-feed corn in the picnic areas and you are supposed to set up within 50 yards of a stake in your assigned area. No elevated blinds allowed. You can bait with whatever you want and deer come to it, just maybe not anything you can shoot. The success rate last season was only 4% which means only 2 deer taken out of 50 hunters. Maybe they have thinned out the herd that much already with all the youth hunts. I saw one black buck way off. The park people told me the Axis are usually seen at the hunting area nearest the headquarters and seldom anywhere else.
            Overall, I had a good time on this hunt but it is not as easy as some park hunts.

Comment

I'll be out there next week so if any of you hunting this week can post up info on this weeks hunt that would be great.

Comment

Any updates from the previous two hunts?

Headed out on Friday for hunt number 4.

Comment

I'll be there 17-19.. I'm bringin a 30' camper so if anybody who doesn't snore or do any methane crop dusting I've got room

Comment

Originally posted by jettech17 View Post
                    I'll be there 17-19.. I'm bringin a 30' camper so if anybody who doesn't snore or do any methane crop dusting I've got room
                    Looks like we'll be passing on I-10 in opposite directions.

I'll try to give an update.

Comment

Much appreciated..

Comment

Just spoke with the ranger over there and sounds like it's goining to be tough. They have killed 14 deer but only 1 on the last hunt and several hunters saw no deer the entire hunt period. I will be there monday morning. Any info or tips from people that have already hunted would be appreciated.

Comment

No info from me, I've come down with a nasty sinus infection and will be staying home. Looks like two standby openings for tomorrow.

Comment

See ya there Ag

Comment

Working...
                            X