No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s frikin terrible. Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That's cold blooded.

What kind of person would do such a thing? Sorry about your dog and hopefully karma will catch up to these sorry excuses for humans.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that Kirby. Somebody somewhere will know something. Don't say anything about it be-n your dog when out there. And maybe someone will say something in passing leading you to who did it.

As much as I don't like local dogs running loose chasing deer by irresponsible local owners, there are times when an honest person honestly looses his dog. I've had it happen to me with a trained Brittney pup during dove season one year. I suspect someone stole him.

Comment

Originally posted by courtstamper View Post
          With bow, could you tell? That's real effed up.

No. Looked like a rifle. Then they dumped him on the side of the road by a trash pile, not a half mile from where I lost him. Breaks my heart.

Comment

Man am I sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the sick feeling you must have. If I can be of any help, just say the word.

Comment

Hopefully any body with that cold of a heart will pay for the things they do .

Comment

Been out here since before sun up. Doe just busted me, from upwind, behind my popup, with those windows closed. Wierd. She was blowing for about 70 yds running away lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Still hearing her back where she came from, opposite direction from where she was running away. Maybe she busted the guy that walked by me at 0715...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                    No. Looked like a rifle. Then they dumped him on the side of the road by a trash pile, not a half mile from where I lost him. Breaks my heart.
                    That is horrible. Had tags and everything?! I mean at least try to gather the poor thing. Its not like it was on some else's land. Just horrible.

Comment

If and when you find who did it, put an arrow in his butt. Just tell the GW he wasn't wearing blaze orange, could see.

Comment

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post
                        That is horrible. Had tags and everything?! I mean at least try to gather the poor thing. Its not like it was on some else's land. Just horrible.

Had tags. From the looks of it he may have traveled off the corp land and they shot him on private and dumped him by a bunch of trash just north of the b6 parking area.

It's my fault. He was 9. His hearing was worse than I realized apparently.

He was trained to avoid cars, as I've lived in the city most my life.

As much as part of me would like to ring the neck of whoever did it, I can't hold that kind of hatred in my heart. LJ was a great dog. I had him for 9 great years. He was my uncle's dog but when he passed away I got him at 6 months. LJ was named after my grandfather, the initials stood for Lawrence John. But I digress.

As hard as it is, I forgive whoever shot my dog. I pray that God softens their heart. And if by some slim chance you are reading this, I pray that you would realize the pain that you have caused me. But giving pain for pain will not bring LJ back. So I beseech the only one who can do anything about this, and ask that the Lord take care of this, and take this pain from me. Because one day Jesus is going to settle all accounts, and I'll know then what happened.

I don't know if dogs go to heaven. But I know there's at least one horse up there because Jesus will come back riding one according to His Word. I pray that when I get there or he calls me home, that there's a little red heeler waiting to welcome me home to that mansion Jesus has been building up there since he went to be with the Father after His ascension. But if LJ is not in heaven, I truly believe that God has something so much greater in store that it will wipe away the pain that I feel now.

I'm sorry for pulling this thread so off topic, and I hope you all have a good season.

Comment

Man. That is powerful and you clearly have a strong Faith to ask for that kind of forgiveness. Prayers up for you, brother. I know it has got to be tough. And I DO believe that All Dogs Go to Heaven!

Comment

Man, that sucks. We just lost our German Shepherd after 15 years. I know the pain you must be feeling. God bless. I don't know and can't fathom who would do such a thing.

Comment

Good luck this year y'all. Haven't been down yet for bow season. Scouted out a bunch before. Heading down mid October, hopefully will the scouting will pay off.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                                Some sorry sack of crap shot my dog and dumped him out on the side of the road by b6. Wow. This hurts.
                                There are some crappy people in this world, sorry to hear the outcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X