No announcement yet.

Buying new truck, Frustrating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Dallas dealership has one advertised for $51??? they told me $57???. would not buy from them no mater what.

Comment

I just bought a new 4-runner for my mom with similar results but in the end found someone that was fair after tons of phone calls, texts, and emails. I never stopped foot in any lot.

Got her exactly what she wanted for a substantial amount less than her local dealer, they paid exactly what we discussed for her trade, and the whole process was less than an hour. The deals and decent people are out there just have to be persistent and not buy in to the nonsense. I'm sure they made money on us but not nearly what some of the others were after.

Comment

buying a new vehicle is like pulling teeth - I have bought new every 3 years for the past 30 plus years and I dread it everytime.

I call the dealership and ask for the sales manager. Tell them I want to deal with them - give me your best price up front. Sometimes it works sometimes not.

Had one manager call me back and actually say "what would you like your payment to be?" Really????

Comment

I was walking on a deal for $100, they didn’t want to pay off my trade in. They wanted to roll over $100 and I said nope not 1 cent will be rolled over. I haggled for hours, the salesman was just laughing towards the end of the deal with the way I had the sales manager. If you’re not 100% happy walk away they’ll call you soon enough.

Comment

Just back up and buy one, it's not worth the hassle to me.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

If they do not take your reasonable offer, tell them to pound sand and walk.

Comment

Do all your dealing via internet and phone calls. Do your research now and start making offers the last couple days of month if not the last day.

Comment

If you dont think the deal is right
                  Walk out and thank them for their
                  Time
                  It's all a game the more they sell it for
                  The more commission that's it

Comment

We have Ford A plan. The only way it would be easier is if they gave the vehicle to me.

Comment

It’s a game , they are trying to tag you with the most they can.
                      Give them your number OTD and walk if they don’t get there..
                      Usually they call within a day or two

Comment

I call them, tell them I will give there advertised price and they say no. Not trying to negotiate with them, just the advertised price.

Comment

If anyone bought a vehicle lately it would be interesting to see what they gave compared to cargurus national search best price.

Comment

Got a buddy who is GM of a local dealership---only one I buy from. Last time, we were doing the math and he said "How much are you gonna finance with GMAC?" And I said "Nothing, all cash" and he said "HOW MUCH are you gonna finance with GMAC?" And I caught on---did $10k with them and saved $2500. Sent GMAC a check for the balance when I got the paperwork from them.

Also sometimes makes a difference along towards the end of the month as they try to meet sales quotas--

Comment

Something else to keep in mind. Use there financing to get the incentives. Refi afterward with a lower rate if they can beat it.I usually use a c/u but my new Tundra I got 0%, so no refi this time.

Comment

Originally posted by knapper View Post
                                It’s a game , they are trying to tag you with the most they can.
                                Give them your number OTD and walk if they don’t get there..
                                Usually they call within a day or two
                                You mean their not your friend and looking out for your best interest?

Comment

Working...
                                X