Tarkington timber rattler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tarkington timber rattler

Nice size one as well !! Found on road dead. He was about 5ft.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sharkhunter; 08-22-2018, 06:59 PM.

Nice one, work in the woods down that way all the time and always figured they were there but never seen one that far south.

Have nearly stepped on 4 this summer.. 3 in corrigan/diboll area and one south of jasper.. hate them but they beautiful snakes.

Comment

That’s a big one. Hope you didn’t knock your front end out of alignment when you hit it.

Comment

Big boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s one of the biggest I’ve ever seen. They are pretty, but I still don’t like them

Comment

If you wanna see some great snakes check out this guys Instagram feed:

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Comment

Dang boy! You ain't been here a month yet, and already, there goes the neighborhood!! I've made it almost 66 years in East Texas without ever seein' one and you find one dang near in my yard!! We may have to have a Tarkington TBH Council gatherin' and put you on probation! We can't have no newbie messin' up round here!!

Comment

Snake

This big fatty was seen crossing a road near Shirley Creek/Sam Rayburn a couple of weeks ago.
                Attached Files

Comment

We have a ton of them in Hardin County (Batson prairie) they are pretty but scare the daylights out of me!

Comment

Snakes normally dont scare me but timber rattlers do! I hunt all around Rayburn south of jasper and in the big thicket in Hardin county and have yet to see one. I hope it stays that way forever.

Comment

That’s a biggun! We are ate up with them up the road in ace.

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                        Snakes normally dont scare me but timber rattlers do! I hunt all around Rayburn south of jasper and in the big thicket in Hardin county and have yet to see one. I hope it stays that way forever.
                        You'd probably be surprised how many have seen you. They're the most docile of any rattlesnake I've been around. You'd probably have to step right on it to get bit by one. It's funny how the temperament of snakes are different from species to species and even among individual snakes of the same species. Some are more easily agitated than others. Diamondbacks and Timber Rattlesnakes are gentle compared to Prairie Rattlesnakes and Massasauga's most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                          You'd probably be surprised how many have seen you. They're the most docile of any rattlesnake I've been around. You'd probably have to step right on it to get bit by one. It's funny how the temperament of snakes are different from species to species and even among individual snakes of the same species. Some are more easily agitated than others. Diamondbacks and Timber Rattlesnakes are gentle compared to Prairie Rattlesnakes and Massasauga's most of the time.
                          Man that’s the truth. I was near Shelbyville cutting some limbs to open up a shooting lane back in the woods once, and looked down right where I had just stepped 5 seconds before, and one was coiled up just chilling out, starring at me. I don’t know how close I was to stepping on him, but I know it was well within striking distance. I killed him, but kinda felt bad after him giving me a pass like that.

Comment

They only good when they are dead

Comment

Originally posted by elkaholic9292 View Post
                              Man that’s the truth. I was near Shelbyville cutting some limbs to open up a shooting lane back in the woods once, and looked down right where I had just stepped 5 seconds before, and one was coiled up just chilling out, starring at me. I don’t know how close I was to stepping on him, but I know it was well within striking distance. I killed him, but kinda felt bad after him giving me a pass like that.
                              You do know timber rattlers are protected in Texas, correct? I am sure you were talking about a diamondback, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X