Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep I'm coming from the Forney area myself

Comment

Last year o saw more hunters than ever! I hope it's not the same this year. Nothing more disheartening that checking cams and seeing people

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
        Last year o saw more hunters than ever! I hope it's not the same this year. Nothing more disheartening that checking cams and seeing people
        Then quit posting pictures like the ones at the top of this thread

Comment

Lol post all sorts of pics of deer and info bout public land and then complain about lots of ppl being out there. Wow lol

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
            Then quit posting pictures like the ones at the top of this thread
            I second that quote!!

Comment

I've been a member of the site for a while. I went and scouted DCNF last month. I seen 4 does and 3 1st hear bucks 10 minutes after I got in the area. I figured I'd check to see if anyone was talking about the forest here. I look forward to a great year. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Ran into a couple of these "Road Closures" this weekend, as stated it is due to washouts from the spring. But I've never seen restrictions on vehicle traffic AND people... May as well close the entire forest in case a person encounters a creek bed... Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	24403291
                Last edited by woodsman; 09-08-2015, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                  Ran into a couple of these "Road Closures" this weekend, as stated it is due to washouts from the spring. But I've never seen restrictions on vehicle traffic AND people... May as well close the entire forest in case a person encounters a creek bed... [ATTACH]740971[/ATTACH]

Where was this located at?

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                    Ran into a couple of these "Road Closures" this weekend, as stated it is due to washouts from the spring. But I've never seen restrictions on vehicle traffic AND people... May as well close the entire forest in case a person encounters a creek bed...
                    Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                    Where was this located at?
                    This sign was at FS 505. Headed east on 7, you turn south off CR 1160, and it's blocked off at the fork.

A little farther east, the south part of FS 511 is also blocked off right at the highway, but there wasn't an official notice attached to the barricade. Someone had partially moved that barricade over to drive around it.

Comment

Any more info on these roads that are blocked off?

Comment

Ah Man! That's probably two of the busiest roads so I bet there's gonna be a bunch of mad hunters.

Comment

walk parallel to it.

Comment

Are the roads still blocked? Going down on tuesday to do some scouting.

Comment

Originally posted by woolyhogtail View Post
                              Are the roads still blocked? Going down on tuesday to do some scouting.
                              I have no idea, but I would probably call the district office to get a real-time update on what all is closed. Could save some frustration.

Comment

I went yesterday and 505 is still blocked. There were a few other roads posted with the same signs too.

Comment

Working...
                                X