Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Estes Park is AWESOME! Any Muley experts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estes Park is AWESOME! Any Muley experts?

We have had a blast up here seen some beautiful country and lots of critters. I'll share a few but these are just phone pics. Any guess on score on this Muley buck? Is this a nice one?
    Attached Files

Another
    Attached Files

Comment

My first fish on fly equipment
      Attached Files

Comment

Young bull
        Attached Files

Comment

Another one
          Attached Files

Comment

One of my favorite places to visit.

Comment

WE always loved visiting estes park. The resident elk herds are fun to watch. Rocky Mountain is fun about this time. Should hear some bugling before too long

Comment

Originally posted by TXgringo83 View Post
                WE always loved visiting estes park. The resident elk herds are fun to watch. Rocky Mountain is fun about this time. Should hear some bugling before too long
                Saw some young bulls harassing cows around and a little light horn tickling

Comment

Great pics! I'm no muley expert and could be way off. He looks to me to be a tall 4x4. Not real heavy or real wide. My wild guess is 140's. I wouldn't pass him up....unless there was a bigger one standing next to him.

I would like to hear others' thoughts on what he would score.

Comment

That Muley is cool. Probably 160s would be my guess, maybe higher. He has deep forks and good 3s. Great pictures.

Comment

The wife and I plan on going in October. It's one of our favorite places to be.

Comment

Wife and I will be there September 21st through 25th! Looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                          That Muley is cool. Probably 160s would be my guess, maybe higher. He has deep forks and good 3s. Great pictures.
                          I thought 160's at first based on his length. But then I thought he looked pretty skinny (diameter) for a velvet horned buck.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                            I thought 160's at first based on his length. But then I thought he looked pretty skinny (diameter) for a velvet horned buck.
                            I agree with the mass observation. That being said, you get a heck of a lot more score from tine length then mass. I am not an expert at all on Mule Deer. Just a guess that he would get into the 160s pretty easy with that tine length.

Comment

Will be there in 2 weeks for a few days and then a few days on the other side of the park in fraser getting married.

Most excited for the wildlife and hearing the elk bugle

Comment

Working...
                              X