No announcement yet.

Drone Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i suggest checking out the Autel EVO. for the money you get a better camera than the mavic air, longer battery life, no geo fencing, OLED display remote, plus many other features that the mavic air does not. all for $1000. I spent a whole weekend watching youtube videos, and researching the 2 brands. Autel is much smaller than DJI but their customer service is far superior over DJI. if your on facebook, check out Carolina dronz, send them a message and get an honest review of all the drones your interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite0429 View Post
      i suggest checking out the Autel EVO.
      Thanks for the recommendation. I searched a bit but still have a couple questions:

Does the EVO have any type of ground control software where I can set it to follow a set flight plan and take pictures of the ground at a set interval?

Does it return to home automatically on low battery or lost connection?

t y v m

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
        Thanks for the recommendation. I searched a bit but still have a couple questions:

Does the EVO have any type of ground control software where I can set it to follow a set flight plan and take pictures of the ground at a set interval?

t y v m
        Yes it has a mission planner built into the app. Honestly haven't used it yet as I like to personally fly mine in manual. And yes it does have a return to home on low battery. In the settings it will automatically go to a preset height and then come home. There is an Autel EVO facebook page that has a lot of knowledge. Like I said Autel is a smaller company but are always improving the firmware to fix any issues that may arise. I've had mine for about 2 months now and it has been a joy to fly. 1st time drone owner and was crazy easy to learn the controls.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Alien, I’m not sure what exactly it is you want to do and I don’t know anything about the EVO. But, I do a fair amount of aerial photography and mapping using software similar to what you’ve asked about.

My business drone is a DJI Phantom 4 Advanced while the drone I fly at work is the DJI Matrice 210. I use my iPhone with the pix4d capture app to fly the Phantom. The Matrice uses the DJI Crystal Sky tablet, which is Android based, which uses the DJI Pilot app for planned mission flights and I deeply dislike it. We have tried to load the pix4d app on the Crystal Sky but it will not run for us. Pix4d is far and away more user friendly, in my experience at least, and I will absolutely base any future drone purchases around compatibility with their application.

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post

t y v m

Comment

I'm not looking to get into any drone business.

I am looking for something I can fly over several hundred acres, take enough pictures to end up with a google-earth like image.

Nothing fancy, playing with OpenDroneMap.

Comment

That’s an interesting program, thanks for mentioning it. I’ve used maps made easy with excellent results for both point clouds and 2d ortho’s. My recommendation was for the pix4d capture app (free) to simply set the flight path and automatically take the photos, not for the generation of the end product.

Comment

I have the Mavic 2 Pro

Click image for larger version

Name:	Twilight Resized-3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	24591253

Enjoying it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                  I have the Mavic 2 Pro

[ATTACH]970168[/ATTACH]

Enjoying it so far.
                  Jeez... Turn some of them dang lights off in that house!!

Cool thread at a perfect time. In...

Comment

Drone Talk

Austin, Texas out 290 toward Dripping Springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Legdog; 08-29-2019, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Nice shots Legdog

Comment

I use my Mavic Pro Platinum with my DJI Racing Edition Goggles. The goggles are a totally different experience.

Comment

DJI mavic pro 2 got the best review for 2020 but they are pretty expensive.

Comment

Those of you that use drones for mapping. What programs do you use to edit the maps. Examples would be marking fence lines, highlighting areas to be cleared of brush, and so on.

Comment

I have the Mavic Air 2 and I like it. Easy to fly.

Comment

Working...
                              X