Elusive Wildlife vs Sniper Hog Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
    As far as blue goes- they do have it, but you gotta request it and you might have to pay extra for it the last time I checked. Give them a call to be sure about that though
    I didn't even notice they had Blue since thier combo was red/green/white. I wonder if getting the blue would be worth it. From my limited research, having the different colors helps in case there is neighboring pressure that uses the same color light. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Thanks everybody for all the useful feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by CityLimitSlayr View Post
      I know everyone says to go with red bc the animals can't see it, but i'm leaning toward green or blue, what color do you recommend if you had to go with just one?

Other than that, on the EWT every light they have listed on the "bowmounted light" page is an "XLR100" but in the pictures the actual light looks drastically different sometimes and they all say 180-200 lumens unless it's the white then it says 300 lumens...

Do I need the charger or will plain jane walmart lithium batteries work?

Does anyone really use the high AND low beam switch or will high beam be the best route?

Thanks in advance for opinions and advice.
      The batteries that come with it are so worth it!!! I believe they have a warranty on the batteries... Green works best for hogs, red works best for varmints... I've never tried blue but I wound wanna try it soon... Ain't to many people that hunt with a blue led...
      You do need the dual mode light - high low... Sometimes the high is to bright!!
      Especially when your bowhunting...
      The xlr 100 can also be used on a gun/crossbow!!
      Once again like stayed above give Ewt a call and they will take care of you!

Comment

I use EWT green even though I have the full kit of Red and White also. Mine came with two batteries and an adaptor for using regular lithium batteries.

Different scenerios call for different light settings. Just this past sunday me and another TBH member were trying to stalk some piggies and when ground hunting close to trees in the pitch black and you turn on your light full power, lets just say it takes a few minutes to adjust back to being able to see after turning it off. Close quarters= low power setting. Tree stand= high power.

Comment

elusive

Comment

Hmmm, I've got the sniper and had a EWT light, but gave away the elusive to a buddy. I love my mini snipers!!

Comment

Bowlite Archery Products!

Comment

I've tried the rest and use the best....... Sniper light

Comment

I have not tried the sniper light, but the Elusive wildlife light is great, I see no reason for me to try a different brand.

Comment

Originally posted by DrenalinJunkie View Post
                    I've tried the rest and use the best....... Sniper light
                    What about the Sniper made it better than the EWT?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                      What about the Sniper made it better than the EWT?
                      Nothing!!!! Lol you can't even change out the led on the sniper hog lights!!!

Comment

Love my xlr 100 bow light from elusive wildlife. Only one we sell in the shop.

Comment

So I looked online again at pictures of both and noticed that they look like they have the exact same identical battery tube/body! Same knurling, from head to tail cap. The only difference was the name on the relief around the knurling. Wonder if they source from the same manufacturer (not unusual.) The Head was different and I did't catch on that the heads were not changeable on the sniper light. Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                            So I looked online again at pictures of both and noticed that they look like they have the exact same identical battery tube/body! Same knurling, from head to tail cap. The only difference was the name on the relief around the knurling. Wonder if they source from the same manufacturer (not unusual.) The Head was different and I did't catch on that the heads were not changeable on the sniper light. Thanks for pointing that out.
                            The Ewt light has a smaller diameter through out the light .
                            The pressure switch's are different hookups/ styles..
                            The mini sniper won't go as far as the Ewt will. I always compare the two - because my pops uses the mini sniper and I always blow him outta the water with the Ewt light.. The mini sniper is more of a flood light style... Wide beam for close distances...

Comment

Well, I went ahead with the Elusive Wildlife Technologies. Time and use will tell the tale. I will say the guy there was really nice and worked with me on my LED color selection. Definately happy with the customer service so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X