Chaparral two years in a Row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaparral two years in a Row

Last year my son got drawn for the YDM,which is the management hunt. He did not get a deer but shot a javelina and the other kid with us shot a doe.
    We just got his acceptance for the YDE hunt,which is the youth deer either sex hunt. We mailed our confirmation in today. He is pumped. We saw two nice bucks last year that were off limits, not this year. Anybody else taking their kids down for the YDE hunt from 12-27 through 12-30?

congrats.

Comment

Congrats, thats awesome!

Comment

I saw one of the biggest deer I have ever seen down there two years ago on a youth hunt.

Comment

Great place to hunt. On youth hunts my Nephews have taken deer, hogs, and javis. Seen coyotes, rattlers, and indigo snakes. Great campsite!

Comment

I'll be archery hunting down there January 9-13. Still debating on camping or staying with a friend nearby.

Comment

We got lucky, wife and my two boys and myself be there nov 23-25 for youth hunts. And wife and I were drawn for crossbow dec 5-9. (bought crossbow last year after an injury sustained and surgery followed topped of with a dash of palsy in right hand.) so I'm rarin to go

Comment

Working...
              X