Any Amberjack recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Amberjack recipes?

My wife brought home some amberjack filets tonight. She doesn't like the recipe the guy at the fish counter gave her, so I was wondering if any of you guys (gals) would mind sharing your secret recipes. We will be trying out one of your recipes Saturday night for dinner. Ginnette says that it must be a simple recipe, but she would love to tap into the Green Screen-ipedia!

Thanks.

Amberjack filets, not steaks?

Thats sorta odd, I've only had them cut in a steak then grilled with salt/pepper/lime.

Suppose you could blacken slightly and go with a butter sauce.. thats good on everything =)

Comment

Just cornmeal, tony chcheres and a little black pepper. Dip in egg and roll in cornmeal...that AWESOME eating. White and flaky...one of the best out there!

Comment

Take 2 fillets and squeeze a half of lemon and half of lime on both,
        Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes in fridge
        Season with Fresh Craked black pepper and salt
        Add old bay by sprinkling until fillets are totally slightly dusted
        slice a half of stick of butter into small pieces and place over the fillet
        add crab meat to one side of fillet and then fold other half over and use tooth pick to hold them together
        Sprinkle Black pepper, salt and old bay over the out side of fillet
        Place in oven on 350 for 15 to 20 minutes
        place sliced pieces of butter on out side of fillet then
        switch oven to broil and broil on 350 for 5 minutes

total cook time no more than 30 minutes
        You can also top with cheese and let melt, i dont like cheese but have cooked this for several who wanted and liked the melted cheese over it

Good Luck

Comment

Man, Amberjack, that brings back memories. I used to dive the oil rigs in the Gulf. I've eaten it fried, baked and broiled. Can't go wrong either way.

Comment

I cook the steaks on the grill with salt pepper and lime. When I flip it over I cover it with fresh made pico and grill it til its done. I also eat a lot of it raw in soy but I wouldn't try that with any fish I bought.

Comment

I love me some fresh AJ

take your choice.....click on this link for several different recipes

http://www.recipesforwildgame.com/am...ck_recipes.htm

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy360 View Post
                Just cornmeal, tony chcheres and a little black pepper. Dip in egg and roll in cornmeal...that AWESOME eating. White and flaky...one of the best out there!
                x2

Yep, why do anything special to it? Too tasty to cover up with a lot of flavors.

Comment

My favorite by far is blackened 1.5-2" steaks......mmmmm love me some AJ.....

Comment

Do as little as you can too it!!! A little of your fav spices will be enough since AJ is soooo good. If you need help I'll come over and show you for a small fee!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                      Do as little as you can too it!!! A little of your fav spices will be enough since AJ is soooo good. If you need help I'll come over and show you for a small fee!!!
                      I can outbid that. Come over and I will even buy the spice and toss in the lesson and cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Poppa Blake View Post
                        Amberjack filets, not steaks?
                        =)
                        They are thick filets. Of course I asked her to blacken them, but she said that we don't have an iron skillet to blacken them with.

Great ideas, guys. I will let my wife look through your ideas, and let you know what she chooses. Rest assured it will not include having Russ and tvc184 over for Valentine's Dinner. Love you guys, but you are not my valentines!!
                        Last edited by Mudshack; 02-14-2009, 10:26 AM.

Comment

hcshooter,
                          We ended up using your recipe, minus the crab meat. It was great. And just as a note. The package my wife brought home from the store said "Amberjack Filets" but they were definitely steaks.

We loved them, and my wife will be buying Amberjack again. (I might even get out and go fishing for them!!!) Thanks guys.

Comment

hmmm....

like these?
                            Attached Files

Comment

I have the easiest recipe you can make.

Sashimi(thinly sliced fish)
                              Wasabi
                              Soy Sauce

Chill fish in refrigerator, dip in sauce and enjoy. Does not get any easier.

Comment

Working...
                              X