Longbow or recurve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
    Agree with Bisch. If you can find a Trad shoot in your area, I'd suggest going and introduce yourself. Tell the guys/gals what you are looking to do. Most, if not all, Trad guys are always willing to help out and will probably let you shoot their bow on the range. It's a great way to test drive a 'plethora' of bows in a short time. You'll know really quick what style and pound range matches your needs/ability/preference.

Randy
    This is basically what I was going to say. The Hill country shoot is coming up early next year, and there are lots of people that usually go that I am sure would be more then willing to let you shoot their bows.

Comment

Samick Sage is an excellent starter bow. Low initial cost and a really good shooter.

Comment

What is your draw length? Are you RH or LH? I have a couple of RH recurve bows and one LH recurve bow just collecting dust. You are welcome to borrow one for a while until you make a decision. PM me if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by edwardv View Post
          What is your draw length? Are you RH or LH? I have a couple of RH recurve bows and one LH recurve bow just collecting dust. You are welcome to borrow one for a while until you make a decision. PM me if you have any questions.
          I'm a 28" draw with a compound.

Comment

Right or left handed? I have an old right hand 50# Brackenbury Drifter that I never shoot that would be a good introduction into the trad game for you. It has a Dacron string on it right now, but I can make a FF string for it. It's a great bow, but I just don't have any arrows for it. I haven't taken the time to set any up for it in years. Just let me know if you'd like to borrow it.
            Last edited by edwardv; 09-27-2014, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by edwardv View Post
              Right or left handed? I have an old right hand 50# Brackenbury Drifter that I never shoot that would be a good introduction into the trad game for you. It has a Dacron string on it right now, but I can make a FF string for it. It's a great bow, but I just don't have any arrows for it. I haven't taken the time to set any up for it in years. Just let me know if you'd like to borrow it.
              Right handed. That would be awesome

Comment

I shoot both and have a collection of both but I have yet to hunt with a recurve. I prefer shooting my longbows. except for fishing I use a recurve. Start out lite

Comment

eBay a older bear recurve. 62" in the 40's. that way if it doesn't take you can get your money back. If its your first it doesn't matter which, lonbow or recurve. Chances are if you like it, you will upgrade

Comment

Working...
                  X