Thompson Temple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thompson Temple

Has anyone been recently? I was there about 2 years ago and was wondering if the sleeping accomodations had improved. Did not know if I needed to get a hotel for 2 nights or he had put some money into the place.

Cabins are the same as they were the last time you were there.

Comment

Yep.

Comment

You can always pitch a tent.

Comment

He hasn't put any money in the sleeping quarters thus far......... why would he now.

Book a hotel room.

Comment

Originally posted by DrenalinJunkie View Post
            He hasn't put any money in the sleeping quarters since he installed them ......... why would he now.

Don't be a Nancy, it's better than sleeping on the ground!
            I fixed it fer ya, Forrest!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
              I fixed it fer ya, Forrest!
              Thanks dude!!!!

Comment

Cabins are the same as they were the last time you were there.
                NOPE he actually ran a drain out of the shower straight out the back of the cabin and filled the shower with concrete so you dont have to stand on the brick anymore. BUT there is no slope in the shower and most of the water runs straight out on the floor

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt Man View Post
                  NOPE he actually ran a drain out of the shower straight out the back of the cabin and filled the shower with concrete so you dont have to stand on the brick anymore. BUT there is no slope in the shower and most of the water runs straight out on the floor
                  We were there when he had his master craftsmen working on that project!
                  I guess you can't expect perfection from a laborer that gets paid $100 a weekend and drives from HOUSTON to get there!

Comment

We were there when he had his master craftsmen working on that project!
                    I guess you can't expect perfection from a laborer that gets paid $100 a weekend and drives from HOUSTON to get there!
                    Dang that man must be starving it cost me $100 one way to drive there

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt Man View Post
                      Dang that man must be starving it cost me $100 one way to drive there
                      There was two of em ... they prolly split the gas!

Comment

Anyone know what the quality of the animals are like out there?

Comment

Originally posted by nta1902 View Post
                          Anyone know what the quality of the animals are like out there?
                          He has anywhere from very small to very big.

Here is a pic of the Black Hawaiian I got last July. Thompson scored him and he went Gold.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1856.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	23913710

Here is "Elmer" and his 3-Horned Four Horn....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1770.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	23913711

Comment

Yep, what goober ^^^^ said!

He prices the rams according to size. A basic, usually non scoring ram will be the $190 package that he advertises.
                            Bigger rams have bigger prices. I've been there when he had a $1200 ram.
                            I've seen people shoot gold medal animals, that were turned loose YEARS ago and never killed, only to have one unfortunate moment way down the road.

Comment

For the price, I would highly recommend the place. I really loved the scenery and location. I killed a painted desert ram back in April that scored a silver.

Comment

Working...
                              X