Galveston Party Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galveston Party Boats

Going out in a couple of weeks on the 12 hour trip, any advice or tips to make the trip better than expected? Thanks

Dramamine

Comment

Dramamine the night b4 and 30 mins prior to launch... DON"T EAT A HEAVY BREAKFAST. Sunscreen and good shoes

Comment

Don't get a boat that has ss minnow on it or a first mate with the name Gilligan

Comment

Bring food and snacks also.

Comment

I'm not sure if they changed their policy or not but if you're a beer drinker, they wont let you bring any on the vessel. They make you purchase their stuff on board.

Comment

They will want you to keep any legal fish. Once you limit they will use your fish to fill others limits. ( at least thats what they always did to us ). They strongly discourage culling smaller fish. I take my own fish off the hook so I can decide if its big enough, otherwise they will put it on the stringer without even asking. If you cull smaller fish make sure you poke em. If you can get spots as close to the back as possible.

Personally I hope for rough seas so half the people will.be sick so there will be much more room for me haha

Comment

Drink enough but not too much. It is very hard to pee when its rough, and it is quite obvious everyone else has a real hard time hitting the hole too......

Comment

Get as far back as possible. Bring your own tackle if possible. go to a baitshop and get 5-10 lbs of big shad and drop them down whole, if they still allow bait buckets get some big live croaker/piggy perch/pogies. Have had good luck using ladyfish as well

Comment

Buy a box of sardines. $15 I think. Use the whole. Hook threw eye then finish in tail. Try to get s rod with an egg sinker.

Comment

- Reserve a spot towards the back of the boat if possible
                      - Buy a few Snapper Slappers to bring with you. Even if you use their gear, a deckhand can rig one on for you
                      - Pay extra for Cigar minnows as they are better bait and quicker to rig than cut squid
                      - Bring a couple hand towels for wiping hands; get's messy from baiting hooks, etc.
                      - Fish hard. The Captain will try and limit out all fishermen on the boat. Sometimes a few people get tired and quite fishing early and the remaining folks fill their limits for them.
                      - Bring cash for deck-hand tips. 15-20% is about average per person, so if you have a child, be sure to tip on their behalf as well. Most of the time, these deckhands earn it.
                      - Pay a guy at the dock to filet your fish if the deckhands don't. There will be a few there and it's worth the money.

Comment

The back of the boat is the best fishing for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                          - - Pay a guy at the dock to filet your fish if the deckhands don't. There will be a few there and it's worth the money.
                          Just watch them so that you get both fillets off each fish. Some of them are absent-minded and will forget to fillet both sides of some of your fish.........

Comment

We call those boats the Vomit Comets.. Take your Dramamine

Comment

Be sure to take a $5 bill for parking. You have to fold it up and push it in a small slot. Get there early for a good parking spot.
                              Are you going on the Buccaneer or the Capt. John?

Comment

Working...
                              X