Conceal Carry Off Duty LEO Run in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conceal Carry Off Duty LEO Run in

I respect all LEOs because of what they do but it just gets me sometimes how some of them think that they are above the law when off duty. Rewind back to a couple of weeks ago when my son was in the hospital having his appendix taken out. Wife and I are in the waiting room and I notice a guy conceal carrying, I am not sure of the where to and where not to carry but I notice this fellas tshirt had come up exposing his weapon and I just pointed it out as politely as I could when I walked to the trash can that was right by where he was sitting and he got all loud and said he is an off duty police officer and I did not need to worry about if his pistol is showing or not. I am sure that he was totally within the legality carrying but I had no way of knowing he was an off duty officer. I just thought it was a civilian carrying and I was trying to point out that his shirt had risen and got tucked behind his IWB holster. Do not think all the loudness and him commenting he will remember my face was needed. Just venting. Was I wrong??

No. Some people are just dicks. Plain and simple

Comment

They are humans too, there are good and bad cops just like there are good and bad doctors, teachers, ditch diggers, and CEOs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
        No. Some people are just dicks. Plain and simple
        agreed.

I might have let him know he was being one

Comment

I would have done the same thing, then after his response, I would have told him to get bent.

Comment

You did nothing wrong and hospitals are off limits for CHL carriers. On more than one occasion I've seen stuff like this go south so I just keep to myself if at all possible. Hate being that way, but it's just easier.

Comment

I'm a LEO and I carry off duty....I would have appreciated someone bringing that to my attention. Sorry for the unprofessional encounter.

Comment

Might of been having a bad day. He was at the hospital too....

Comment

You were in the right! Hate it when some cops carry, or try to carry when off duty into places where your not suppose to. My wife BIL carried to a rangers game once, and we had to wait a long time for him to get cleared, instead of just leaving in the vehicle and going on about our business.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL71 View Post
                    Might of been having a bad day. He was at the hospital too....
                    Thats exactly what I was thinking also. It was at Childrens so nothing good could of come from opening my mouth so I let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                      You did nothing wrong and hospitals are off limits for CHL carriers. On more than one occasion I've seen stuff like this go south so I just keep to myself if at all possible. Hate being that way, but it's just easier.
                      Not true as I understand it.

Sec. 46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER.

(b) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed, on or about the license holder's person:

(4) on the premises of a hospital licensed under Chapter 241, Health and Safety Code, or on the premises of a nursing home licensed under Chapter 242, Health and Safety Code, unless the license holder has written authorization of the hospital or nursing home administration, as appropriate;

(5) in an amusement park; or

(6) on the premises of a church, synagogue, or other established place of religious worship.

(c) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed, at any meeting of a governmental entity.

Text of subsection as added by Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 1222, Sec. 5

(i) Subsections (b)(4), (b)(5), (b)(6), and (c) do not apply if the actor was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.

"As I understand it" being the operative wording here.

And to the OP, you did nothing wrong. You were just trying to be courteous.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                        They are humans too, there are good and bad cops just like there are good and bad doctors, teachers, ditch diggers, and CEOs.
                        The only group that's all good people are TBHers...

Comment

People are people...regardless of their job.

Would you have posted if a plumber did something rude? It's all perspective.

Comment

I thought all LEO were required to carry everywhere, at all times.

Comment

Plumbers are the worst...always showing their arse

Comment

Working...
                              X