Alexa in hotel rooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
    Why would you develop a product to thwart the government then charge your customers tax to pay said government?

Sellout
    present me with your tax exemption license and I will gladly tell the gubment to pound sand!

but i am not one to break the law -- just thwart their efforts to break the law

Comment

If I could find the switch for the internet, I'd turn it off. In the meantime, I'm going to use the technology available to me. I've got 5 Alexa devices (Show, Echo, Dot) and another Dot on the way. Programmed light switches, sensors, locks, thermostats, garage door opener and cameras.I've got it all tied into my network at home. It gives piece of mind and there is a lot of convenience gained from the technology.

Comment

A month ago my wife was telling me about loan consolidation. Last week we got 4 pre-approved consolidation loans in the mail. Over the last few days my wife and I have been talking about planners then in the last couple of days I keep getting organizer and planner ads popping up on YouTube. We didn’t post up about any of this, nor did we do any internet searches for it.

The only “smart” devices that we have are our iPhones. But it is just a coincidence and no one is spying on us.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
          A month ago my wife was telling me about loan consolidation. Last week we got 4 pre-approved consolidation loans in the mail. Over the last few days my wife and I have been talking about planners then in the last couple of days I keep getting organizer and planner ads popping up on YouTube. We didn’t post up about any of this, nor did we do any internet searches for it.

The only “smart” devices that we have are our iPhones. But it is just a coincidence and no one is spying on us.
          You keep watching for it and you’ll see it happens a lot. When I was looking for a new gun safe my wife and I were talking about it. Next thing you know her Facebook has gun safe ads popping up

Comment

The iPhone is only listening if you have hey Siri turned on.

As for Alexa and similar devices, nope not in my house.

And Facebook is one of the worst about tracking you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ask it who Mohamed is, then ask it who Jesus Christ is.... try it

Same with anything liberal vs conservative it’s sickening really

Comment

This alexa fail cracked me up.

A clip of when the Amazon Alexa mis interpreted a few words ......GONE WRONG!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  The iPhone is only listening if you have hey Siri turned on.

As for Alexa and similar devices, nope not in my house.

And Facebook is one of the worst about tracking you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I do not nor have I ever had Siri turned on, and same goes for my wife’s phone.

Comment

I've been noticing this kind of stuff more frequently. Only device I have is my phone.

Comment

Many apps you download ask for all sorts of "permissions" on your phone. Most people pay no attention to these, as well, a lot of times the app will not even work without them.

If you have downloaded any app that has gotten "permission" to your microphone, someone or something somewhere could be using your microphone to consolidate data for advertising/marketing/etc.

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
                        I'm selling tin foil hats fellas!

New and improved alexa-blocker installed for just $27.95USD + tax
                        Can I pay using Bitcoiin2gen? Steven Seagal is my backer...

Comment

For your smartphone to actually pay attention and record you, there needs to be a trigger, like Hey Siri or Okay Google for example . Without these triggers, there's no recording. But when it comes to apps like Facebook and Instagram, no one knows what the triggers are. In fact, there could be thousands. An ordinary conversation with a friend about needing a new pair of jeans could be enough to activate it. Although, the key word here is “could,” because although the technology is there, companies like Facebook vehemently deny listening to our conversations.

Comment

Data mining is a big business I am sure. To think the companies are letting you know all about it is foolish.

Comment

subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
                                Can I pay using Bitcoiin2gen? Steven Seagal is my backer...
                                only if you can paypal me through my facebook app on my google home linked to my alexa.

I'll also need a picture of your drivers license for verification...

Comment

Working...
                                X