No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody in the DFW should try Fossil Creek's store pick of 1792 full proof!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
      Drinking some Makers with dad today. Today would be mom's birthday but we lost her to cancer 2 years ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
      Sorry for your loss! Never a good time but the holidays sure would make it tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
        Went in Specs today to grab some bourbon but something better caught my eye. Laphroaig 10 for $31.99[emoji41]. Almost filled my basket but showed some control. Gonna be set for scotch for quite a while!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Dern, that Laphroaig will put hair on your chest for sure. I'm an Islay fan, along with all of the other regions, and Laphroaig is dang near too much at times.

As far as bourbons go, I'm a mixer typically speaking but am learning to enjoy it neat. I really like WL Weller, maybe my favorite so far. I like it more than Makers or Buffalo Trace, but that's just me. I haven't sampled a ton of finer bourbons, I usually stick to Evan Williams 1786 or whatever its called, Jim Beam, and a variety of other mid/low priced mixing bourbons that I don't feel as bad diluting my Diet Coke with.

Comment

Glenlivet 18 or Chivas.

Comment

Knob creek today.

Comment

Wild Turkey 101

Comment

I got a bottle of Johnnie Walker blue label earlier. I never buy Johnnie Walker so I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Balcones single malt, Baby Blue, and Rumble
                  Rebecca Creek
                  Knob Creek
                  Makers mark
                  Buffalo Trace

Comment

Blanton's
                    Tincup
                    Breckenridge
                    TX

Comment

Originally posted by bowmansdad View Post
                      Tried the Yellow Rose blend and was really surprised how smooth it is, my new favorite sipping whiskey!

Yes!

I was really impressed with this as well.

Comment

my go to are
                        Knob Creek
                        Makers 46
                        Bulleit

In order of how much cheddar I have in my pocket

Comment

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
                          Dern, that Laphroaig will put hair on your chest for sure. I'm an Islay fan, along with all of the other regions, and Laphroaig is dang near too much at times.

As far as bourbons go, I'm a mixer typically speaking but am learning to enjoy it neat. I really like WL Weller, maybe my favorite so far. I like it more than Makers or Buffalo Trace, but that's just me. I haven't sampled a ton of finer bourbons, I usually stick to Evan Williams 1786 or whatever its called, Jim Beam, and a variety of other mid/low priced mixing bourbons that I don't feel as bad diluting my Diet Coke with.

Man, now that is a steal. I'd be good on that for a bit as well if I was able to get Down there.

Comment

Have to go with

Makers

Redemption Rye

Bulliet

Working on some Templeton Rye

But the Mac daddy for me is Balvenie Doublewood 12. I put mine in the decanter for display.

Comment

Originally posted by Allaroundhunt View Post
                              Have to go with

Makers

Redemption Rye

Bulliet

Working on some Templeton Rye

But the Mac daddy for me is Balvenie Doublewood 12. I put mine in the decanter for display.

Is that really a decanter? Not trying to be a smart arse, legit question. I have two of those things in the cabinet and I bet neither was cheap as they are from fine crystal makers. Never used them but thought they would look cool sitting out with cognac or scotch in them.

We have some actual decanters for wine that have narrow necks and very wide bottoms so the wine is aerated as you pour it in. Is that display glass also called a decanter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a fancy decanter sitting out with Makers in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X