No announcement yet.

LRGV NWR draw hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last day 36 degrees and light rain nasty weather let the fun begin!

Comment

good luck.

Comment

Nice job on the butchering.

Comment

I see your from Nocona so, I'm betting your calling it a trip by now. I'm curious about your trip, please tell more....
          Also, congrats on the slick head.

Comment

another one in the books, congrats to all those who stuck it out.

Comment

The storm up north actually gave me an extra evening hunt, I decided it would safer letting the ice melt one more day before trying it. This morning with a little heavier blowing mist I oped to hunt from a popup, not much seen.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0146.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	24269793
              This afternoon I sat over a well used trail and ended the hunt with a single doe sighting and my first sighting of a young nilgai bull on the hoof!

Name:	IMG_0101.jpg
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	24269791
              I had a great time down here hunting the South Texas brush and enjoyed the hospitality of fellow TBH.com member (enewman) and his buddy Harvey; those guys eat like kings!

Name:	IMG_0128.JPG
Size:	255.2 KB
ID:	24269790
              Hope to get the chance to hunt down there again someday and hunt with me new friends as well!

Name:	IMG_0143.JPG
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	24269796
              Attached Files

Comment

anybody know the final body count?

Comment

Not sure on how many animals taken. I heard that some one shot a nilgia cow but hit her in the butt. Staley(coachwhip) took the one doe.and I think there where a couple more does. I talked to several people and they had not shot.

I will tell you I'm spoiled for hunting over feeders. **** that was hard hunting. We walked at least 15 miles plus some.

We did see some nice deer just could not get onto them. I even hunted on nilgia poop. They seem to like to use it once a day and it was always at night. I won't do that again.

It was a good time and game warden very nice.

Coachwhip it was nice to meet you. Hopefully we can do it again

Comment

Your right, it's hard hunting down in the brush there. That's what makes it when you do connect. Good luck to everyone still to hunt down there. Keep the post coming, like to hear from everyone hunting there.

Comment

Was anyone up there this week itching to get up there dec.31 to do a lil scouting

Comment

I will be at east lake on feb 1-2 for nilgai gun hunt. Anyone else going then.

Comment

Also any motels that anyone can recomend ?

Comment

we have stayed at americas best value inn...havent had a problem with things being stolen of course we take all our bows and gear inside room

Comment

Drawing not yet conducted

I called Santa Anna Refuge yesterday and they told me that the had not yet conducted the drawing for this years hunts. Looking forward to hunting Teniente Unit again. Haven't been able to sling a stick, but had a nilgai cow stare me down while I was trying to get around a mesquite tree to try to get a shot two seasons ago. Didn't get drawn last year.

Comment

2014 archery permit

I just got my archery permit for this year in the mail. I got the first hunt from oct 30 - nov 2, 2014. gotta get ready!!! If anyone needs any help, just message me.

Comment

Working...
                                X