8 point with moms bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 point with moms bow

Those of you who read my bio with Sacajawea know that I wanting to try to shoot a deer with my moms old bow and my dad's old bow. This bow is 48 yrs old and has been shot very little by my mom and then has been sitting up. I revived it when I started shooting right handed and got it ready to hunt so I climbed in my latter stand and hoped to see a large spike I had on camera. As the sun went behind a hill to the west I saw a spike come into our 5 acre did plot. As he worked his way towards me 2 totes showed up and spooked him out of the field. Suddenly I saw movement to the north and a 4.5 untold 8 was headed my way. He came in and started eating. I waited to see if I might see the spike when another yote came out and the buck got nervous. Lucky for me the yore moves off and a small 8 point came in and calmed the bigger buck down. As light slipped away the buck stood quartering to me for a long while then finally turned slightly away. I easiest the now back and anchored focuses on my spot and let it fly. I saw the fletch hung hit right where I aimed and the buck bolted from the field. I did not wait too long to get down because of the totes. I found him laid up about 70 yrds away. Still alive. I was able to put another arrow in him. He was done. After cleaning the Deer the first shot was perfect entry but went slightly in front of the heart. Here he is.

Awesome buck congrats!

Comment

Very cool. Congrats on a buck you won't forget.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

very nice
          congrats, love the story

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Great story! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Way to go Scott!

I'll bet my bottom dollar you were typing that on your phone, huh?

Congrats again!

Bisch

Comment

Yep sorry for the mistakes. It was a great sight seeing that arrow hit home. Tomorrow it is time for dad's bow

Comment

Thats awesome.congrats and good luck

Comment

Great buck congrats!

Comment

Awesome buck!

Comment

That's a great hunt you just had! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats, nice.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X