X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love me some Danica!! She innocent

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
      Hmmm, the only driver stupid enough to get out of his car, on a dark track, got hit and died. It goes both ways. Had he stayed in his car as the rules state, he would be breathing today and this conversation would be moot.
      so was tony stewart the only driver stupid enough not to miss him? drivers get out on the track under caution all the time.

also interesting why immediately following the deal, stewart said he was going to continue to race... then after a few days, "decides" he may have to quit? maybe after some conversations with his PR folks, to make it seems like he really cares?

you don't steer the car under caution with the throttle. you use the steering wheel.. just like it happens in the pits.
      Last edited by kyle1974; 09-17-2014, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
        so was tony stewart the only driver stupid enough not to miss him? seriously?
        Only one missed him.....the guy right in front of Tony. He wasn't down far enough yet and he kept coming right on down after that guy missed him. Tony was the only car the dumbarse was trying to get close to and it didn't end well for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Only one missed him.....the guy right in front of Tony. He wasn't down far enough yet and he kept coming right on down after that guy missed him. Tony was the only car the dumbarse was trying to get close to and it didn't end well for him.
          Blunt force trama! Only one person is at fault and he is deceased.

Comment

we'll see what the jury says. none of our opinions really count anyway.

Comment

we'll see what the jury says. none of our opinions really count anyway.
              Surely, No Bill!

Comment

Yes you do!! its how you clean your tires...

so was tony stewart the only driver stupid enough not to miss him? drivers get out on the track under caution all the time.

also interesting why immediately following the deal, stewart said he was going to continue to race... then after a few days, "decides" he may have to quit? maybe after some conversations with his PR folks, to make it seems like he really cares?

you don't steer the car under caution with the throttle. you use the steering wheel.. just like it happens in the pits.

Comment

For what it's worth, here's my take on it. The move Tony put on the kid is a typical dirt track move. The kid has probably had it done to him and him to other's hundreds of time's. I'm thinking because it was a famous driver that did it to him, he decided to prove himself to everyone intead of taking it into the pits like it would usually be done. He proved himself alright. It could have been Kasey Kahne, Ryan Newman or any of the other's that like to run their dirt track cars. It just happened to be Stewart.
                  Last edited by Goldeneagle; 09-17-2014, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                    I think he did it to scare him, so he should be charged.
                    I agree.
                    Just because I know his attitude on the track. He has a history of intimidation/retaliation on NASCAR. Dirt track outlaw racing is even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                      I agree.
                      Just because I know his attitude on the track. He has a history of intimidation/retaliation on NASCAR. Dirt track outlaw racing is even worse.
                      There is a VERY BIG difference between putting somebody into the wall on purpose or intimidating them while on the track AND hitting a pedestrian driver with your car.

What I don't understand is this.... and please somebody show it to me. Somebody tell me why Stewart would be mad at Ward in this instance. It's not like TS was the one who crashed out and ran over Ward while he got out of the car to celebrate beating him... No, Ward crashed and TS made it through the incedent cleanly! TS took his line to the top, Ward pressed and lost it. TS didn't have a reason to be sore... he held on to his 2nd place position... so why do people think TS would be even hot about anything as he is coming back around. The only person who was obviously in a position to be heated at that moment was Ward.

I find it odd that folks will look at 1 second of a situation and pass judgement based on 10 second clips scattered through out time or other unrelated history, rather than looking at the context of the situation and what was happening around, during and leading up to the event.
                      Last edited by SwampRabbit; 09-17-2014, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                        I'm ok with this.... this whole situations boils down to 2 wrongs don't make a right imo

No they don't!
                        But 3 lefts will ;-)

Comment

My opinion is both parties were dumbasses no doubt about it. The kid I can blame young stupidity on and inexperience, what I don't understand is why TS didn't use his brain and avoid the confrontation at all cost. Therefore I put more blame on TS. TS could have stopped, could have pitted, could have slowed way way down, basically could have done any number of things to avoid the kid yet he chose not too. TS chose confront the kid. TS bares a larger responsibility for that kids death.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                            My opinion is both parties were dumbasses no doubt about it. The kid I can blame young stupidity on and inexperience, what I don't understand is why TS didn't use his brain and avoid the confrontation at all cost. Therefore I put more blame on TS. TS could have stopped, could have pitted, could have slowed way way down, basically could have done any number of things to avoid the kid yet he chose not too. TS chose confront the kid. TS bares a larger responsibility for that kids death.
                            youth and stupidity=its not my fault?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                              youth and stupidity=its not my fault?
                              Never said that, simply saying TS bears a bit more responsibility here.

Comment

I think his past temper issues and wanting to continue racing that weekend (little remorse shown IMHO) are going to hurt TS's case be it cival or criminal.

If I accidentally kill someone I'm going to be a basket case for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X