Mobil One Annual Oil Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobil One Annual Oil Change?

I just saw an advertisement on TV that Mobil One has an oil for an annual oil change. How can this be good for your engine??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's probably based upon you only driving 10-12k miles per year. Who only drives that?

Comment

As oils and filtration advance 20,000 mile intervals are not really that big of a deal.

Comment

Porsches come standard with Mobil 1 and they recommend an oil change every 20K miles or once every year.

Comment

That's for those guys that sell a truck 10 years down the road and still haven't hit 100K... I'm not that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
            As oils and filtration advance 20,000 mile intervals are not really that big of a deal.
            I probably have 25-30k on my oil right now.
            Car has 293k and i change the oil every year or two

Comment

Synthetic. The days of 3-5k per oil change are behind us

Comment

If you really knew how long and hard a motor can run on mobil oil products you'd be surprised. Takes a lot to go through that oil.

Comment

Originally posted by Masmak View Post
                  It's probably based upon you only driving 10-12k miles per year. Who only drives that?
                  I average about 12k

Comment

Mobil one is great, but I will pass on the annual protection version. I'll actually run the regular Mobil 1 pasts the recommended and not have any worries. I knew I was gonna pass on it when it started advertising on the company intranet. All my coworkers feel pretty much the same.

Look at the bottom of the first box at the exclusions. Those exceptions definitely apply to a lot of us.

Mobil 1™ Annual Protection motor oils are our ultimate full synthetic motor oils, providing proven protection for one full year or up to 20,000 miles between oil changes, whichever comes first*, while keeping your engine running like new.
                    Last edited by Lungbustr; 08-14-2017, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Yeah I'm stuck in the old ways of every 5k but was reading that Ford recommends going off the "oil change required" light. It is based off a calculation depending on driving conditions.

Comment

You can not do a VERY long extended oil change on an old motor (pre-90s). This is because manufacturing techniques have improved and tolerances have gotten tighter on newer model engines. This in turn decreases contamination in the oil and allows for extended oil change intervals.

But even with the new engines, if your morning commute is less than 5 miles then you still need to change the oil more frequently due to the oil not getting up to temp and thus impurities are not removed from the oil.

So the 20k mile oil change intervals are for some people with so.e vehicles, but not for all.

Comment

Don't forget to check your oil when you run a 5.3 GM product mine eats some in between changes

Comment

I run a 5.5 twin turbo V12 @ 12K to 15K oil looks very clear ... Benz recommends 20K. Car has 185K & runs like new

Comment

No thanks. Toyota says every 5000 miles and with the price of new trucks I will follow that recommendation. Cheap preventative maintanance if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
                              X