No announcement yet.

Rut activity observed in ETX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rattled up a 160 this morning in Grayson I bet he was pushing 10 1/2 stud of a buck.

Comment

Talking specific SETX , guess I should have called it out. Hardin and Jefferson county’s mainly. Acorns are falling but are small also.

Comment

What kind of coffee were you sipping?

Comment

Hot and black

Comment

Just for kicks, someone should post the TPWD breed dates for that area. I think the rut is due down there if i remember right.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              And so it begins.....
              Bahaha

Comment

The rut starts about now along the Gulf coast. Jefferson and southern Hardin county are in the breeding time. The rut in the Lance Rosier Unit of the Big Thicket is almost over by the time bow season starts. Every year.

Comment

Originally posted by garguy View Post
                  just for kicks, someone should post the tpwd breed dates for that area. I think the rut is due down there if i remember right.
                  [ATTACH]925027[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    Just for kicks, someone should post the TPWD breed dates for that area. I think the rut is due down there if i remember right.
                    I don't know about you guys, but I had to chase mine around a couple months before I was able to breed. Those that let you breed on the first night usually aren't worth having.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      You sir... would be correct. People forget that the North Coastal areas kick off the rut a hell of a lot sooner than the rest of the state.

Comment

According to that graph, 9-21 is the peak breed date for that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Bummer for you...You missed out getting the first 2018 TBH Rutting Activity Post award by one day. Should have spoke up sooner.

We didn't count the guy who said he saw some in late July...but Backwoods101 got the win!

This is one category I wish I wasn't winning in. Just had this guy 10 yards from my car and he smelled rank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m seeing the does pushing the fawns off the teet hard also. It’s on round here.

Comment

Working...
                            X