Lord help me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    Wife called me yesterday and said her car is smoking and she thinks it is blowing up. When I got home, I went out and popped the hood and started checking it out. Oil is fine and no water, coolant is full, power steering fluid is full and brake fluid is full. Motor was dry. Cranked it up and it sounded fine and a/c worked fine. I drive it around for a while and don't find anything wrong. Then we have the conversation.

Me - " Exactly when did this happen dear?"
    Her - "When I took off from the red light down the street a big cloud
    of smoke came up from the hood, but it cleared up after I got moving."
    Me - " Was there anyone in front of you?"
    Her - "There was a work truck."
    Me - "Go get me a beer and make me a sammich."

Durn woman!

LMAO!! She's trying to keep you on your toes .....spry and young

Comment

Several years ago (before Google), my Wife came home to tell me her Check Engine Light came on. Knowing that the problem could be one in 200+, I told her to go to the Dealer (Mistake) and have them put their diagnostic computer on it. As it turned out, my Blushing Bride forgot to tighten the gas cap after filling. A nice $85.00 mistake. I feel your pain.

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
        Several years ago (before Google), my Wife came home to tell me her Check Engine Light came on. Knowing that the problem could be one in 200+, I told her to go to the Dealer (Mistake) and have them put their diagnostic computer on it. As it turned out, my Blushing Bride forgot to tighten the gas cap after filling. A nice $85.00 mistake. I feel your pain.
        Alecia did this also, but our dealer didn't charge to tighten the cap. At the time I didn't know what the problem was.

Comment

This from a very intelligent lady that i know well.......

"There is something bad wrong with the drain. i poured liquid plumber down the bathtub last week and yesterday the bathroom sink was foaming up and had flecks of metal in it." Now that was a mystery since the piping was all pvc.

A few days later.... "Its doing it again!".. I rush to have a look. Yep, the sink had white foam with gray flecks in it. Shaving cream and gray whisker stubs.

Comment

I'm no mechanic, and don't try to act like one. My wife told me about one of her coworkers that asked if I could look at her car because she had had her oil changed at one of the oil change places recently and found the "710" on her garage floor a couple of days later. Yep, the "710" was the "OIL" cap once you turned it 180 degrees. Yep, her coworker is both blonde, and an Aggie. Sigh, at least it was a quick fix I was capable of doing.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Wife called me yesterday and said her car is smoking and she thinks it is blowing up. When I got home, I went out and popped the hood and started checking it out. Oil is fine and no water, coolant is full, power steering fluid is full and brake fluid is full. Motor was dry. Cranked it up and it sounded fine and a/c worked fine. I drive it around for a while and don't find anything wrong. Then we have the conversation.

Me - " Exactly when did this happen dear?"
              Her - "When I took off from the red light down the street a big cloud
              of smoke came up from the hood, but it cleared up after I got moving."
              Me - " Was there anyone in front of you?"
              Her - "There was a work truck."
              Me - "Go get me a beer and make me a sammich."

Durn woman!
              I would have told her it was the muffler belt. They fall for it every time.

Comment

Glad nothing is wrong with the car. At least she said something. My MIL is special. She broke down about 2.5 hours away and I had to go get her and she tells me that she thought the check engine light that was on was false since it had been on for 3 months and nothing seemed wrong with the car. I was running very hot after that and just had to bite my tongue on the way home.

Comment

That’s funny I don’t care who you are.

Comment

I can't relate.

Comment

Uh oh. She called me at lunch like always and I asked her if the car was still smoking. She just called me an A-hole and hung up. I'm in trouble.

Again.

Comment

A couple of winters ago, we had a cold snap come through central Texas (25-35 ish degrees)

My wife called me freaking out because a warning light had come on and she didn’t know what it was... I asked her what it looked like? She says I-C-Y, what should I do etc etc...

I say to her, “sweet heart, what does ICY spell, and what is the temp out this morning. She told me to eff off, and I laughed at her

Comment

Uh oh. She called me at lunch like always and I asked her if the car was still smoking. She just called me an A-hole and hung up. I'm in trouble.
                          That sounds like me and my wife.

Comment

Great stuff!!

Comment

Driver ahead of her most have had a pretty good vape

Comment

Did she check the blinker fluid?

Comment

Working...
                                X