The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
    How was this? I know a store that has a bottle.

Comment

I really like it
      Smooth, just a little sweet, finishes nice

Comment

My bourbon collection is getting dusty since my addiction to tequila! Wow

Always liked it, but now love it. Once it cools down the bourbon will come back out.

Plus I can't find and bourbon worth a flip in my area. Everyone hoards up the good stuff (I'm one). Might find a jewel in Hudson oaks this weekend

Comment

I have a bottle of 2015 garrison brothers. Really liking it, only poured 2 drinks so far; saving the rest for when someone kills a deer or 4 this deer season

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            My bourbon collection is getting dusty since my addiction to tequila! Wow

Always liked it, but now love it. Once it cools down the bourbon will come back out.

Plus I can't find and bourbon worth a flip in my area. Everyone hoards up the good stuff (I'm one). Might find a jewel in Hudson oaks this weekend
            I did a summer of Tequila this last summer, investigating the world of Agave, and what I found is the good tequila's that won't make you regret the night before are $$$$$. I can get a really good bourbon for <$25 but no way I am drinking a sub $20 tequila on the rocks.....no way

Comment

Originally posted by Zjesse22 View Post
              A johnny walker blue label on the rocks with a slice of pecan pie
              JW Blue is a bucket list pour for me.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                I did a summer of Tequila this last summer, investigating the world of Agave, and what I found is the good tequila's that won't make you regret the night before are $$$$$. I can get a really good bourbon for <$25 but no way I am drinking a sub $20 tequila on the rocks.....no way
                There's very few sub $30 bourbons I would drink on the rocks and none neat. Hell most I wouldn't drink mixed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Heathbar_tx View Post
                  There's very few sub $30 bourbons I would drink on the rocks and none neat. Hell most I wouldn't drink mixed.

Weller 12 is the only sub 30 I'll touch neat.

Comment

Lol. Same here. And tequila on rocks is against all religions.

I'm planning a trip next year to Mexico just to tour the distilleries with a friend of mine who's family lives an hour from them

Don Julio blanco is $52 or less a 1/5th... I can get 2 .375 for $32.99 and it's about the benchmark of blanco. Anejo is $56 or less

I have a great bourbon collection and enjoy it.... but sub $25 neat, I haven't found. lol

Makers 46 @ $40 ish is about the best bang for your buck

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                      When it was sub $30 heck yea.... find for less than $60 now is a miracle.... heck finding it is a miracle.

And it's $45-$50 at BEST

Comment

When it was sub $30 heck yea.... find for less than $60 now is a miracle.... heck finding it is a miracle.

And it's $45-$50 at BEST
                        Limited release is why you can't find it. Sucks that the smaller stores will jack the price up, but if you are able to find it at specs it's still 23.99 a bottle. Same with the 107 antique.

Edit: just to clarify I'm talking 750 prices.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                          107 would be another and McKenna 10 yr bib is really close to $30.

Comment

Lol. Same here. And tequila on rocks is against all religions.

I'm planning a trip next year to Mexico just to tour the distilleries with a friend of mine who's family lives an hour from them

Don Julio blanco is $52 or less a 1/5th... I can get 2 .375 for $32.99 and it's about the benchmark of blanco. Anejo is $56 or less

I have a great bourbon collection and enjoy it.... but sub $25 neat, I haven't found. lol

Makers 46 @ $40 ish is about the best bang for your buck
                            Would love to tour Don Julio, I like the 70th and 1942.

Comment

107 would be another and McKenna 10 yr bib is really close to $30.

I'll drink 107 neat, but prefer it with a cube or splash depending. Just my own personal preference.

I've never had Mckenna, and after looking it up I'm relatively certain I've never seen the bottle. How hard is that to get ones hands on?
                              Last edited by snappertapper; 08-31-2017, 08:31 PM.

Comment

And it's $45-$50 at BEST
                                There's a few 12yrs in the back.

Comment

Working...
                                X