Destin Eats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destin Eats

Going to Destin middle of June. Got any great places to eat? Seafood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dewey Destins, The Back Porch & Crab Trap all good eats. Got to hit Shakes for desert

Comment

The back porch for sure!

Comment

Old Bay Steamers right over the bridge in Ft Walton. They have amazing steaks, seafood and the biggest asparagus I have ever seen!

Comment

Haven’t been in years but we always go to La Paz when we’re in Destin

Comment

BOSHAMPS for seafood!

Comment

No suggestion from me. I never found anything there that was great.... but nothing was bad either. We’re going back again this summer (obviously food wasn’t enough to keep us from going back). Will try all new places this go around. I’ll remem the porch suggestion

Comment

Make a trip to Ft Walton and find Stewby's

Grouper sandwich was great

We always ask the locals where to eat, avoid the crowds and usually better food and less $$$

Back Porch was good

Comment

Jackacuda has some good eats

Comment

For seafood and just about anything else in Destin, I'd also recommend the Back Porch. It's very touristy, but one of the better places to eat on the beach right in the middle of Destin.

Pompano Joes - About like Back Porch, little smaller, but beach side

Fuddpuckers is fun if you have young kids, but it's all about the atmosphere. Food is ok, but don't go here looking for fresh seafood.

Bayou Bills Crab House is good if you are staying more towards Santa Rosa area.

We haven't been to Destin in a few years, but we used to eat out most nights when staying there. Food is ok at most places, nothing off the charts, but nothing bad either. I'd also recommend heading down to the harbor one evening. Plenty of places to eat and it's cool walking the piers and checking out the catches coming in from that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      No suggestion from me. I never found anything there that was great.... but nothing was bad either. We’re going back again this summer (obviously food wasn’t enough to keep us from going back). Will try all new places this go around. I’ll remem the porch suggestion
                      I have been to Destin every year for the past 6 and i am with you on this. Most of the places are Mom and Pop which is what i like versus major chain type restaurants. But even the mom and pop's aren't very good. If you get seafood steamed like Steamers then it is good because most things are fresh but that is really it. if you get fried type of seafood, it just taste ok. nothing special about it. As for the steaks those are also just simply ok steaks, everything is way over priced because it is a tourist town. i would say that you can expect to pay 15 to 30% higher for everything. It doesn't bother me because my company pays for this but in a way it does bother me that i am paying so much for something that is just ok.

Comment

Not seafood other than fish and chips, but Mcguires. My fav place by a looong shot. I time my arrival in town to eat lunch there. No joke, first stop everytime.

Comment

Originally posted by rcm719 View Post
                          Jackacuda has some good eats
                          If this is in the harbor, I think this is where we had some good sushi and very good drinks.

Comment

Boathouse Oyster Bar was fantastic if you like raw oysters!

Comment

We've been every year for 22 years and and have eaten just about everywhere. We don't go out to eat much any more because the traffic and wait times are so bad, but when we do these are go-to's. We only go out to eat at lunch.

Boshamps. Hands down my favorite. Unique menu items and great porch dining on the harbor. This is the one restaurant we eat at every trip. Often more than once. Get the warm butter/garlic feta cheese dip as an appetizer.

Tailfins. On the harbor. Great food. Nice outdoor dining on multi level deck.

LuLu's. Newer restaurant on the bay. Great atmosphere. Pretty good food. Owned by Jimmy Buffet's sister. Jimmy pulls up in his float plane occasionally, supposedly.

Donut Hole - If you can get there real early it's worth going and getting some donuts. After about 7:30 am the line is out the door and into the parking lot. I'm not a donut guy, but theirs really are incredible. Get the giant pistachio muffin. It's beyond good.
                              Last edited by riverbowman; 04-16-2018, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X