These picture is worth a billion words, long read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These picture is worth a billion words, long read

I posted my daughters bike in the classifieds a bit ago to hopefully sell it for a few bucks so that my daughter could then take the money and see what it took to buy a new one. I wanted to teach my 6 year old a lesson in economics but the green screen changed that direction..I had THB'ers Perow and Boy Wonder respond with the greatest response I could ever imagine... Both were willing to donate money (buy the bike in name only) if my daughter could find a girl who could use her bike. I was obviously taken back by the generosity and my daughter, Hayden, said "Daddy why do so many people want my bike?" and I explained to her that they didn't actually want it and that we just needed to find a little girl that would love to have the bike. Fast forward...I emailed Boys and Girls Country in the Hockley/ Tomball area and they said that they had the perfect girl. Hayden was not able to come with me being that she lives with her mother in Midland but I took the bike today and what I thought was a simple donation changed my world.. I met one of the directors who told me that this little girl was their newest resident and I could see his excitement for her. I pulled around to her cottage and took the bike out and walked to the door with him, he knocked on cottage #10 and a little girl answered and said "welcome to cottage 10 would you like to come in" and right away Kaylea came out.... My daughter wrote her a note last Saturday when she was here with me and this beautiful little girl told me that she didn't know how to read so I read it to her.. lets be honest I barely made it through reading it.. She was so shy and unsure about the whole ordeal. I asked her if she could take a picture so I could show my daughter and she wasn't budging on it. We waited a moment and the cottage mother helped her get on the bike and the director told me "here is our chance, get your phone" she saw us taking pictures and got off with the biggest smile ever. I thanked everyone and walked back to the car and I lost it... sobbing like a baby, crying like never before. I have never been taken so emotionally before, these simple pay it forward acts from TBH launched this and this little girl can now go on their walks on her new bike.. I am still in awe.. I could go on and on about this story but this was the cliff notes version! thank you Perow and Boy Wonder... God works in wonderful ways
    Attached Files

That is awesome!!! God bless ya man

Comment

Tell Hayden thanks for helping me & boy wonder out
      Last edited by perow; 05-04-2017, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Great story

Comment

Incredible!

Comment

That's awesome. Way to go

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterlo70 View Post
              That is awesome!!! God bless ya man

X2

Comment

AWESOME BLOSSOM........Great Stuff!

Comment

Great work

Comment

Cool deal, God Bless all involved.

Comment

Just awesome Brother!! What an awesome lesson for you, your Daughter and All of Us!

Comment

Ya know, if I wasn't the big strong, "he-man" type, this might........

Never mind........

Comment

Fantastic! Thanks for posting such a Great story.

Comment

Good stuff

Comment

Thank you for sharing the story with us. I like how you put in the effort to find and deliver to the perfect person!

Comment

Working...
                              X