Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YETI cup painting?

Anyone know about YETI cups?

My smokin hot wife bought me the 30oz stainless yeti cup....however, there are a few of them at work and they all look the same. I don't want to engrave it i'm kinda curious about painting...

The paint that i KNOW will last is the bake on kind...but i'm sure there's some funky insulation inside the cup that would be damaged if i bake it...

Curious if anyone has seen or heard of someone that paints, or even dips them? i've seen dipping threads but that was for the plastic rambler things...

I'd even venture to ceratoke it...i plan on having it for a long time and i'd like it to be different...i dont' know...anyone got any ideas?

I have seen several cerakoted. I just had a custom decal made for mine.

Comment

There is a company in Wise county that powder coats them and I have seen people have them hydro dipped.

Comment

Hydro dipped or laser etched.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
          yeah hit him up...probably about the same time you were posting this...

question about cerakote...doesn't it require an oven? have there been any effects from the heat being applied?

I thought about just putting a crapton of stickers on it...but my wife keeps washing the darn thing (it's a coffee cup, you don't wash coffee cups!) and i don't want the stickers to end up lookin like crap

Comment

where did she find it at? I been looking around Beaumont/Orange and no one has the largest one.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
              He's out of business. I PMed him a while back.

Comment

Edit: Disregard

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                  where did she find it at? I been looking around Beaumont/Orange and no one has the largest one.
                  Academy at 105 and 69...was a couple weeks ago

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                    He's out of business. I PMed him a while back.
                    well poop

Comment

Do not use any process that uses heat. They will void your warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        Do not use any process that uses heat. They will void your warranty.
                        THAT was my concern...thanks!

Comment

If you consider air "special insulation" then you don't have anything to ruin....

Comment

Maybe make of stencil of a design you like, affix it with 3M spray adhesive, then sand the stencil design onto the metal. Just make the stencil out of a tough enough material that you can sand over it without going through.

Comment

Working...
                            X