No announcement yet.

Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like the natives would make jewelry out of the fused glass due to all of the rich colors it produces.

Comment

7 more pages before I'm caught up! Amazing, so interesting, too cool!!

Comment

Well I spent about a week from page 1 to ….. 33 and I am finally caught up and have a not so happy wife but this thread is incredible!!! I could not stop reading.... Thanks for taking us along for the ride and I will be following along!

Comment

Allrighty! I havent been updating recently but I had such a good day today I wanted to share with yall. Hopefully my poacher is done. If not....he will be if he comes back. now for the goodies..

I dug a while today and found a bunch. Highlights are as follows..... I found a small Scotty made of translucent agate that is freak'n stunning! The flaking is amazing but almost impossible for me to capture!

Next was a Smokin Bronson blade. note cortex on base.

Then a FINE Catahoula followed by a MFG cutie and a bunch more.
          Attached Files

Comment

Legit!! Nothing like a translucent scotty to get the day started!lol Man, that is some ice cream material that sucker is made out of. Of course you know plenty of color is going to come out of East Texas of course....love them other points as well. Sweet finds my man...happy for ya!! Wow.

Comment

Thanks Johnny! Your a hard man to impress so Im feeling pretty good about myself now! LOL.

How about that dang Bronson Blade!?!?

Comment

Absolutely beautiful Scotty in those first pics!
                When I first saw that, I had this picture in my mind of what that head looked like bloodied up on the end of a stick!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  Absolutely beautiful Scotty in those first pics!
                  When I first saw that, I had this picture in my mind of what that head looked like bloodied up on the end of a stick!
                  That probably happened. It has been resharpened a lot.

Comment

Wow, you hit the jackpot today. Beautiful stuff!

Comment

Beautiful stuff Steve!

What's the overall tally so far...how many thousand?
                      Also what is the latest point you have found there....when do you think they stopped using that site?

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                        Beautiful stuff Steve!

What's the overall tally so far...how many thousand?
                        Also what is the latest point you have found there....when do you think they stopped using that site?
                        They didnt stop till after contact with the Spaniards. I had a piece of pottery with "caliente" wrote on it but cant find it now.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                          They didnt stop till after contact with the Spaniards. I had a piece of pottery with "caliente" wrote on it but cant find it now.
                          You've got to be kidding.....amazing.

Comment

WOW ! That is some really nice stuff . Very impressive points . What has always impressed me on the points and such is that you ( or whoever found them ) are the first human to touch those in most cases , in literally thousands of years .. Boy , if they could talk ......
                            Thanks again for posting .

Comment

Originally posted by ldoyle View Post
                              WOW ! That is some really nice stuff . Very impressive points . What has always impressed me on the points and such is that you ( or whoever found them ) are the first human to touch those in most cases , in literally thousands of years .. Boy , if they could talk ......
                              Thanks again for posting .
                              Yep, I found those. Every one of them has a story. Some old native prized that little agate Scotty just like I do.

Comment

That little scottsbluff shows lots of character! It was defiantly used over a long period of time. The catahoula is a smoker also! Glad to see an update. I would leave the chopper just the way you found it. Jmo

Comment

Working...
                                X