How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tpcollins View Post
    Loved fly fishing for Trout, Salmon, and Steelhead but I just don't get out anymore. I recently listed most of my rods and reels in the classifieds on another forum.

I don't want my wife giving them away in a garage sale when I kick the bucket.
    Hate to hear this. Sounds like you really need to go fishing. I wish nothing but the best for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
      This thread has been dead, so figured I’d update it. On a plane to Montana [emoji51]. Really no plans right now. I’ll update if the fishing works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fly into Bozeman?

Comment

I've been a fly fisherman since 2 PM today!

Thanks for the equipment Burnadell!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          I've been a fly fisherman since 2 PM today!

Thanks for the equipment Burnadell!

Comment

This thread has been dead, so figured I’d update it. On a plane to Montana [emoji51]. Really no plans right now. I’ll update if the fishing works out.

They have been killing it on the Henry's Fork this week. Biggest salmonfly hatch they have seen in years.

Comment

Originally posted by Muygrande View Post
              They have been killing it on the Henry's Fork this week. Biggest salmonfly hatch they have seen in years.

If your headed near Missoula, it should be about time for the Pteronarcys salmon fly hatch on Rock Creek. I caught it one time early June and it was unbelievable.

Comment

Does anyone have some bass fly suggestions? I’m going to start buying thing little by little, any good online retail stores?

Comment

You flying into MSO? Keep us posted. I am heading up there next month

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                    Does anyone have some bass fly suggestions? I’m going to start buying thing little by little, any good online retail stores?
                    Poppers, clousers, crawdads. Your set up determines the sizes you can use.

Comment

Originally posted by Jscott1112 View Post
                      Actually haven’t got a setup yet but I’m looking at a 7-8wt so I can use it at the coast also. I mainly saltwater fish targeting reds and trout.

Comment

Flew into Missoula. This wasn’t really a fishing trip, just a spur of the moment get outta town because I’m bored trip. Fishing today, but going to have to be creative with all of the runoff .

Comment

I spoke to my Dad who lives up there. He said everything is flooding.

Comment

Originally posted by Jscott1112 View Post
                            Also, bead-headed wooly buggers and grasshopper patterns.

Comment

Both Because....

I bow hunt and fly fish, in both cases, 95% of the time. I heard, read, or found a quote someplace as to why. In both cases "you are making a conscious decision to make it harder than it needs to be." That's why we do it. After awhile, popping deer at 100 yards with a rifle and reeling in bass with a huge mechanical advantage gets a little old.

Comment

Originally posted by Muygrande View Post
                                From Big Sky Anglers in West Yellowstone:

2.1K views, 67 likes, 5 loves, 13 comments, 16 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Big Sky Anglers: Bugs. Gobs of ‘em. Exciting times ahead, folks! We love this time of year! While many places are...

Comment

Working...
                                X