Springfield Armory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Springfield Armory

I like Springfield Armory even more tonight.

GENESEO, IL, (05/03/18) – Springfield Armory is severing ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring a group for anti-Second Amendment lobbying.
    This latest action follows Dick’s Sporting Goods’ decision to remove and destroy all modern sporting rifles (MSR) from their inventory. In addition, they have denied Second Amendment rights to Americans under the age of 21. We at Springfield Armory believe that all law abiding American citizens of adult age are guaranteed this sacred right under our Constitution.
    It is clear where Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, stand on the Second Amendment, and we want to be clear about our message in response. Their position runs counter to what we stand for as a company. At Springfield Armory, we believe in the right and principles fought for and secured by American patriots and our founding forefathers, without question. We will not accept Dick’s Sporting Goods’ continued attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms to our fellow Americans.

Good

Comment

Bravo!

Comment

Outstanding.

May others follow to include ammo manufactures.

Comment

I hope more companies grow a set and kick them to the curb

Comment

Well, I may just have to go buy a Springfield 1911 to show my support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Springfield screwed gun owners in Illinois in a big way. Much bigger than Dicks not selling ARs. This is comical coming from them. Shame because they make great 1911s, but I won’t ever buy one now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                Springfield screwed gun owners in Illinois in a big way. Much bigger than Dicks not selling ARs. This is comical coming from them. Shame because they make great 1911s, but I won’t ever buy one now.

Do tell

Comment

Springfield Armory

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
                  Do tell

Anti gun politicians in Illinois were working on a bill that required special licensing for dealers, restrictions on number of transfers etc.. firearm manufacturers would have been affected. The Illinois firearm manufacturers association of which Springfield is a member at first opposed the bill until it started gaining steam. They then contributed thousands of dollars to said politicians, and suddenly the member companies were exempt from the bill. The bill passed.

Springfield and Rock River then claimed to know nothing about it, but offer no proof.

That’s how I remember it. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                    Anti gun politicians in Illinois were working on a bill that required special licensing for dealers, restrictions on number of transfers etc.. firearm manufacturers would have been affected. The Illinois firearm manufacturers association of which Springfield is a member at first opposed the bill until it started gaining steam. They then contributed thousands of dollars to said politicians, and suddenly the member companies were exempt from the bill. The bill passed.

Springfield and Rock River then claimed to know nothing about it, but offer no proof.

That’s how I remember it. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

That’s it in a nut shell. Bill (SB 1657) would have effected almost every gun shop, FFL, or manufacturer in the state, except big box stores and IFMA. Springfield and Rock River were the main/largest contributors to IFMA. They crawfished their way out, by saying we’re ill informed on the bill. The bill passed both Illinois senate and house but luckily it was vetoed by the governor.

Their current stance in regards to dicks aligns with their statements made after people started boycotting them due to their initial support of the bill. It seems that once they were “properly informed” on the bill they tried to fight it, even though it passing would have changed very little... for them.

The way I see it... They sold their souls, but now want to save face with their customers.

Comment

Originally posted by lungbuster1985 View Post
                      That’s it in a nut shell. Bill (SB 1657) would have effected almost every gun shop, FFL, or manufacturer in the state, except big box stores and IFMA. Springfield and Rock River were the main/largest contributors to IFMA. They crawfished their way out, by saying we’re ill informed on the bill. The bill passed both Illinois senate and house but luckily it was vetoed by the governor.

Their current stance in regards to dicks aligns with their statements made after people started boycotting them due to their initial support of the bill. It seems that once they were “properly informed” on the bill they tried to fight it, even though it passing would have changed very little... for them.

The way I see it... They sold their souls, but now want to save face with their customers.

People make mistakes. They are headed the right direction now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post

I agree with the people make mistakes part. The issue is, it’s easy for them to say or do things. Not so easy for the firearm community in Illinois to change legislation.

Comment

I find no business logic in potentially reducing the number of sales one might make.

But yet HK has a cult following in the civilian market.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                            I find no business logic in potentially reducing the number of sales one might make.

But yet HK has a cult following in the civilian market.

It’s posturing. I doubt not dealing with Dicks will hurt them at all.

I’ll never get the HK thing. Good guns for sure, but it’s almost like they hate selling stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post

Maybe...

Comment

Working...
                              X