Fisheye lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fisheye lenses

I'm thinking about renting a fisheye (Sigma 4.5mm f/2.8)to take to South Padre next month and was wondering how hard it would be to "defish" the photo and have more of a panoramic look. Other suggestions?

Hmmm....
    If you are renting and want a wide angle view, go for renting a super wide angle lens...

I am not trying to kill your idea one bit, I love my fisheye and I shoot with it allll the time. But I love the look of a fisheye. If you want to get a panoramic view, take multiple shots with a wide angle, you won't have to defish, and you can paste them together in a program... not sure what it is, I know Shane has done it..

But if you are wanting to have some fisheye shots, then rent the fisheye. Either way you should be ok...

Just depends on your preferences

Comment

That just may be the ticket Hilly. I'm just doubting myself to take multiple shots that are good enough so they can be stitched together to come out looking decent.

Comment

Well another problem you might have is discoloration in the corners of your picture.
        I would go with a wide angle on this trip.

But you need to rent a fisheye at some point becuse they are great

Comment

What Hilly said. If you don't want fisheye photos, then use a different lens. A super-wide angle lens is what it sounds like you're looking for. I have a 12-24mm Tokina. There are others, like a 11-16mmTokina, 10-22mm Canon, etc....

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            What Hilly said. If you don't want fisheye photos, then use a different lens. A super-wide angle lens is what it sounds like you're looking for. I have a 12-24mm Tokina. There are others, like a 11-16mmTokina, 10-22mm Canon, etc....
            what he said -- I have Tokina and find it really useful for certain pics

the fisheye is a real specialty lens -- I personally get tired of the look pretty quick (similar to a tilt-shift)

Comment

Working...
            X