Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-20-2017, 10:40 PM   #1
HoustonHunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Houston/Angelina/Trinity Counties
Angry Incident in The Woodlands (punks)

After visiting a customer in Magnolia I headed to The Woodlands to pick up little man from daycare. While on Woodlands Parkway, I noticed that I was coming up on some cyclists on the shoulder and didn't think much of it as it's pretty typical.

What really caught my attention though was that the vehicle in front of me chunked a water bottle at these two guys riding and minding their own business. I instantly jotted down their plate and car description and got pretty ******.

We ended up at a stop light and the cyclists caught up and got up on the window of the SUV. I think it was two young HS age kids driving and they wouldn't roll down the windows but the cyclists were pretty ******.

They kept riding while we were stopped and then when we got a green light, the kids in the SUV threw more **** out of the windows at them. At that point, I decided to call the cops.

I followed them for a few miles and they knew I was following them as they went in and out of parking lots tying to lose me while I was giving the cops updates. They drove like crazy and almost caused a few accidents.

Anyway, I stopped following them and keep hoping the cops show up on their front porch but I'm half inclined to find out where they live and ask to talk to the parents.

What say you? Would you let it go or track them down and talk to mom and pop? Again, this was The Woodlands so I've gotta think his parents don't know he is using his nice SUV to harass bikers.

Last edited by HoustonHunter; 04-20-2017 at 10:43 PM..
HoustonHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2017, 10:41 PM   #2
HoustonHunter
Pope & Young

Ive got a clear picture of the license plate/make/model/color.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:45 PM   #3
catslayer
Ten Point

Drop it on fb with full story...

Ps you did the right thing calling cops, props

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
catslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2017, 10:47 PM   #4
Swampa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by catslayer View Post
Drop it on fb with full story...

Ps you did the right thing calling cops, props

You'll probably get a lot of traction going this route.
Swampa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2017, 10:47 PM   #5
Mojo68
Ten Point

Put the picture of the SUV on Montgomery County Police Reporter for all to see. Maybe the parents will be embarrassed enough to take some action.
Mojo68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2017, 10:48 PM   #6
ladrones
Pope & Young

Many cyclists wear go pro type cameras to get footage of bad driver behavior these days.
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2017, 10:49 PM   #7
catslayer
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladrones View Post
Many cyclists wear go pro type cameras to get footage of bad driver behavior these days.
Heck im staying in houston this month and thinking i need it for the TRUCK

catslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2017, 10:50 PM   #8
HoustonHunter
Pope & Young

I didn't see any go pros on these guys and had actually thought about that as I've got a few brothers that ride a lot.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:50 PM   #9
MySRT8U
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Boerne and anywhere else I can find

I've tracked down kids by their plate number before when they did stupid stuff like that. Showed up at their house and showed their dad video of them acting dumb as ****. Also let them know it's not hard to find them. I would go talk to the parents if I were you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MySRT8U is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2017, 10:52 PM   #10
laredoarcher
Ten Point

Hunt In: SoTex and Snodgrass

Not familiar with the FB but sounds like a good idea. Burn 'em. Hopefully they learn
laredoarcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2017, 10:52 PM   #11
Backwoods101
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brazoria/Fort Bend county, Harper

I can't get mad at them, I've often dreamed of doing the same thing. Luckily for the cyclists I don't believe in wasting beer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Backwoods101 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2017, 10:52 PM   #12
HoustonHunter
Pope & Young

I don't have a video of it but I have no problem giving a play by play to a parent. I think they'll believe a stranger showing up on their front porch telling a story like mine.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:53 PM   #13
HoustonHunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods101 View Post
I can't get mad at them, I've often dreamed of doing the same thing. Luckily for the cyclists I don't believe in wasting beer

I get not sharing the rode but this shoulder was a yard or two deep and they were nowhere near our vehicles.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:58 PM   #14
TP3
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hays, Val Verde co

Sounds like a couple of pop knots are in order.
TP3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2017, 11:01 PM   #15
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods101 View Post

Maybe empty cans but definitely wouldn't waste a full beer
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2017, 11:02 PM   #16
be12hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: Montell, TX

I think you did the right thing. I would be ****** if I was on the bike or in your situation.
be12hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2017, 11:08 PM   #17
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo68 View Post
Put the picture of the SUV on Montgomery County Police Reporter for all to see. Maybe the parents will be embarrassed enough to take some action.

This will gets them lots of attention!
bboswell is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2017, 11:14 PM   #18
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Houstonhunter, I think you got the right idea. Go have a talk with their parents. And post your story on as much social media as possible. I've been in the cyclist position. Had a beer bottle thrown at me one time. Landed in my rear wheel. My heart rate was already in the 150s. Wouldn't have taken much to be all over that car load of kids if I had caught up to them. I've caught others at stop lights that were afraid to roll down their windows. It was "just leave me alone" response. Well if they would of left me alone, I wouldn't be ready to smash their window out and drag them out of the car. Dang bunch of cowards! I was pretty fit back then riding, running, and swimming all the time, when I wasn't doing resistance training.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2017, 11:25 PM   #19
randal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Crowell

Leave it be.. I HATE the people that ride their bikes on the road causing traffic jambs, not worried about anyone but their selves thinking they own the road and shouldn't have to follow any of the laws including speed limit.. on the other hand hate young punks that think they can drive around throwing stuff out the window at people and honking..
randal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2017, 11:32 PM   #20
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

I agree Randal. I for one am not one of the thoughtless riders of that kind. And have always tried to promote rider/driver friendliness/thogtfullness. Some riders get to caught up in self, just like any other person, including drivers, hunters, fisher people, coworkers, ect, ect.

When it comes down to it, it's about being thoughtful of your fellow human being.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2017, 11:38 PM   #21
HoustonHunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by randal View Post
Leave it be.. I HATE the people that ride their bikes on the road causing traffic jambs, not worried about anyone but their selves thinking they own the road and shouldn't have to follow any of the laws including speed limit.. on the other hand hate young punks that think they can drive around throwing stuff out the window at people and honking..
These cyclists weren't the ones you are describing. The were on the far side of the shoulder at least a yard from all of the vehicles minding their own business.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:49 AM   #22
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: my birthday suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySRT8U View Post
I've tracked down kids by their plate number before when they did stupid stuff like that. Showed up at their house and showed their dad video of them acting dumb as ****. Also let them know it's not hard to find them. I would go talk to the parents if I were you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hmmmm....I know where you're head is at on this because I'm all about dealing with things here, now and swiftly but with nutcases these days, you're liable to find your guts blown all over someone else's yard. Let the cops hammer it out and go home to see little man tomorrow too.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 07:15 AM   #23
DUKFVR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba,TX

If they were driving through my neighborhood I would give the kids something to throw at the cyclist. The ones around us run lights & act like the traffic laws don't pertain to them. Wish I could imprint a few of them on my bumper. In all honesty, if the cyclist were obeying the traffic laws I would do what you are doing. I ride my bike on the trails around here & would hate to see someone being harassed for just riding.
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 07:22 AM   #24
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by randal View Post

I agree with you in most cases but not this one, The Woodlands is designed for bikers & runners with either very large shoulders or bike paths so that the runners / bikers don't impede traffic.

Punks need to be dealt with
bboswell is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 07:28 AM   #25
HeyMikey
Pope & Young

You're heart's in the right place, but I don't see any upside in showing up unannounced/invited on those people's doorstep. You called the cops...........let them handle it.
HeyMikey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 07:31 AM   #26
Tmag
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Depends on the TPWD draw results!

You did your part, let the cops handle the rest.
Tmag is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 07:34 AM   #27
SolocamShooter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East TX

Sounds like the punks need a good whooping but I can't stand cyclist for the most part. They seem to think laws don't apply to them and they can hold up traffic for their convenience and act like pricks.
SolocamShooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 07:39 AM   #28
Chris1962
Eight Point

Hunt In: Kinney County and Breham Tx

I would definitely find there parents and tell them everything they did.
Chris1962 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 07:42 AM   #29
tps7742
Ten Point

Good gesture on your part to get involved and report it. Further involvement could go either way depending on the parents. They could be the type that "my kids do no wrong" and if this is the case who knows what will happen. Also if you can find them easily that goes two ways. Personally I would leave it be you went above and beyond helping already. More than 99% of other people in most cases. You never know what type of people you may be dealing with for retribution possibly. Yes I have been there done that with punks like this and what it took to get them off our case I was fortunate (lucky) to get by with it. Things can go south very quickly. Thanks are in line for your efforts!! Let the police handle it.
tps7742 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 07:47 AM   #30
Rescue1
Eight Point

doesn't surprise me to see nothing has changed with the entitled youth of the woodlands. been gone for 20 years and i couldn't get out fast enough.

there is a good chance the "parents" are either too busy to raise their kids right or they are just as big of a ***** as the kids are. either way a site visit probably won't go well.

to the guys complaining about bikers. you think this is bad you should try living in colorado. they would shut down roads with so many of them and in the foothills they don't have shoulders to move into. got very dangerous

what's the harm with letting them ride on the shoulder. it takes 2 seconds to get around them. i drive a lot, like average 40k a year a lot, and encounter them frequently on several of the backroads. probably see a few on my way home in a couple hours. it's a 2 second inconvenience to wait to properly pass them. i have more problems passing the slow drivers (rant for another day) i run into an asshat every once in awhile but not the majority. i think sometimes we get in such a rush that we forget how trivial some of these problems are. grab a beer, cigar and a go chill by the lake.

as a disclaimer, i'm not a rider. i'm too fat, don't look good in spandex and they don't make a seat with enough cushion.
Rescue1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 07:55 AM   #31
WItoTX
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wisconsin

I with a passion hate cyclists. I personally think they make the road less safe, and they should not be allowed on any city street at any time, especially doing busy periods, in highly urban areas where they have no buffer to the traffic around them.

That being said, throwing stuff at a cyclist does nothing but make it WAY less safe then having the cyclists on the road in the first place. Hope the kids get whooped by their parents.
WItoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 07:57 AM   #32
WItoTX
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue1 View Post
as a disclaimer, i'm not a rider. i'm too fat, don't look good in spandex and they don't make a seat with enough cushion.
Trust me, being skinny is not a requirement for wearing spandex. And the cyclists here in Katy make it abundantly clear.
WItoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 08:05 AM   #33
Bruiser
Ten Point

so for a couple platic water bottles you endangered a lot of other people chasing
Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 08:05 AM   #34
El Forajido
Ten Point

Hunt In: Any Tree stand in Texas ✭

Is like to see those whipper snappers try that , when we're out on a trail ride
El Forajido is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 08:15 AM   #35
niceg3s
Ten Point

Hunt In: Own property in Smith/Cherokee.

The only thing I hate more than cyclists are Amish people. It's like no one told them I own this road, and I wanna go fast. Screw sharing the road. If you wanna have rights buy an F-250.

Last edited by niceg3s; 05-19-2017 at 09:49 AM..
niceg3s is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 08:15 AM   #36
HeyMikey
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
so for a couple platic water bottles you endangered a lot of other people chasing
Really; you witnessed it, or know this how?
HeyMikey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 08:38 AM   #37
randal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Crowell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue1 View Post
doesn't surprise me to see nothing has changed with the entitled youth of the woodlands. been gone for 20 years and i couldn't get out fast enough.

there is a good chance the "parents" are either too busy to raise their kids right or they are just as big of a ***** as the kids are. either way a site visit probably won't go well.

to the guys complaining about bikers. you think this is bad you should try living in colorado. they would shut down roads with so many of them and in the foothills they don't have shoulders to move into. got very dangerous

what's the harm with letting them ride on the shoulder. it takes 2 seconds to get around them. i drive a lot, like average 40k a year a lot, and encounter them frequently on several of the backroads. probably see a few on my way home in a couple hours. it's a 2 second inconvenience to wait to properly pass them. i have more problems passing the slow drivers (rant for another day) i run into an asshat every once in awhile but not the majority. i think sometimes we get in such a rush that we forget how trivial some of these problems are. grab a beer, cigar and a go chill by the lake.

It takes 2 seconds to go around them until there is a lot of traffic behind them I got stuck behind one for 3 miles..
randal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 08:43 AM   #38
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Quote:
I knew that response would make it.

If the little **** biscuits were bad enough to throw stuff they should have stopped.

I don't like bikes in the road anymore than the next guy but throwing stuff at some off the roadway or on the shoulder is wrong. Scott Engle that runs MOCO police reporter is a good dude. Post them or email him
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 08:53 AM   #39
sir shovelhands
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
You ever been hit in the face with something you don't expect is coming? It can completely knock you off balance. On a motorcycle, that can get you killed. So props to the OP.
sir shovelhands is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 09:10 AM   #40
BETTERLUCKYTHANGOOD
Ten Point

Hunt In: Have bow will travel

I'm going to tone this down as much as I can. First off Houstonhunter clearly stated that the cyclists were minding their own business, on the shoulder, out of traffic, and that it was the punks that were the problem. Yet several of you jump on and instantly condemn the cyclists, REALLY???, that's like saying all bow hunters just wound animals and don't find them.....and I know we've all heard that.
Not all cyclist, at a max of 275lbs, want and look to pick a fight with a bumper attached to a 7500+ lbs vehicle. Some of us have turned to cycling as a means to deal with something, an outlet if you will, instead of sitting in a bar drinking ourselves to a drunken stuper and driving home. So get off your high horse and see the situation for what it was, PUNKS BEING PUNKS!!!!!!
I cycle, and drive the same roads, I see both sides and have seen the bad on both sides, but to say you want to put a cyclist on your bumper....all I have to say is bring it on, don't hide behind that computer screen, man up, let's see how big a man you are standing outside that truck, and I'll show you why I took to cycling...not the first time I've punched a window out and jerked a jackwagon outta a vehicle.
BETTERLUCKYTHANGOOD is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 09:13 AM   #41
TP3
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hays, Val Verde co

Quote:
Originally Posted by BETTERLUCKYTHANGOOD View Post
I'm going to tone this down as much as I can...

....all I have to say is bring it on, don't hide behind that computer screen, man up, let's see how big a man you are standing outside that truck, and I'll show you why I took to cycling...not the first time I've punched a window out and jerked a jackwagon outta a vehicle.
Thank you for toning it down, sir. Much appreciated.
TP3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 09:25 AM   #42
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
I'm going to tone this down as much as I can. First off Houstonhunter clearly stated that the cyclists were minding their own business, on the shoulder, out of traffic, and that it was the punks that were the problem. Yet several of you jump on and instantly condemn the cyclists, REALLY???, that's like saying all bow hunters just wound animals and don't find them.....and I know we've all heard that.
Not all cyclist, at a max of 275lbs, want and look to pick a fight with a bumper attached to a 7500+ lbs vehicle. Some of us have turned to cycling as a means to deal with something, an outlet if you will, instead of sitting in a bar drinking ourselves to a drunken stuper and driving home. So get off your high horse and see the situation for what it was, PUNKS BEING PUNKS!!!!!!
I cycle, and drive the same roads, I see both sides and have seen the bad on both sides, but to say you want to put a cyclist on your bumper....all I have to say is bring it on, don't hide behind that computer screen, man up, let's see how big a man you are standing outside that truck, and I'll show you why I took to cycling...not the first time I've punched a window out and jerked a jackwagon outta a vehicle.
Nice way to tone it down.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 09:29 AM   #43
AddisonOil
Ten Point

Hunt In: Irion County

Uh oh, Facebook Police on the prowl.
AddisonOil is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 09:31 AM   #44
DUKFVR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba,TX

Quote:

Yep I sure would like to imprint some or all of the inconsiderate cyclist on my bumper. Get tired of dodging them running lights , stop signs etc. I have NO problem with cyclist who obey the laws. Like I said I ride too, but either on the bike trails or neighborhood. I obey the law so hopefully someone doesn't imprint me on their bumper. If you are riding a bike and not obeying traffic laws you deserve what you get. I agree 100% cyclist should be able to ride unbothered or threathend if you are obeying the law. Even agreed the punks needed an axz whoopin for what they did. Sad part is bad comes from automobile drivers and cyclist. Unfortunately the cyclist will lose that battle. If you are riding within the law you should be treated with the respect same as a car driver, if not it won't bother me one bit if you become a hood ornament.
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 09:43 AM   #45
T-roy66
Four Point

Be careful approaching the parents. I caught a kid ringing my door bell after midnight. I actually caught the kid after the fourth ringing of my door bell. I explained to him what would happen if my door bell rang again. Go to the next evening the kids father rings my door bell and wanting to know why i caught his son by his tee shirt the night before. He was actually mad at me. I simply told him next time he could identify the body.
T-roy66 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 09:55 AM   #46
farfel
Spike

Since you live here you probably no but avoid the Woodlands tomorrow. Ironmans in town. Hardy toll road is shut down till 3ish.
farfel is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 09:57 AM   #47
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfel View Post
Since you live here you probably no but avoid the Woodlands tomorrow. Ironmans in town. Hardy toll road is shut down till 3ish.
Uh..........no I'm not.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 09:58 AM   #48
farfel
Spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Uh..........no I'm not.
Haa. The other one.
farfel is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 10:03 AM   #49
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.

I haven't quite figured out why the cyclists can't use the streets with the marked bike route that the city made for them? I watched about 15 of them get ticketed for running a red light. LEO pulled the whole lot of them over. I clapped as I drove by.
Goldeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 10:03 AM   #50
batmaninja
Eight Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

You chased this punks down with your kid in the car?

Better hope they dont call CPS on you JK

If the bikers were on the road between 4-6pm, its their fault.
batmaninja is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top